Study Buddy - Daily Register

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by DST, Jan 3, 2012.

1. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Each one of us have a different schedule/plan for the day. Apart from our role as a mother, we spend time for preparing for a job or some may be interested in studying apart from their fields.

My part is, I have started preparing for a job myself now. Managing home/kids everything almost 95% by myself, I have very less time preparing. I have to do either Early morning ( before 7 am) or after 10 pm which is not easy.

So here lets share our daily study hours and how did we manage to get the extra time other than the usual time.

Lets keep each other motivated to achieve our goal.

Lets maintain a daily register here and we'll start from Jan 3.

Cheers :thumbsup:thumbsup

2. BhoomikaDhare

BhoomikaDhare Silver IL'ite

Hi DST... count me also. Apart from working full time i've taken up MBA in correspondence. With that I'm preparing for my external exams for my career growth. I'll tell you its really hectic. Studying.. working and coping up with the family...it needs extra hard work.

Few tit bits for managing them.
    I wake up before my hubby gets up... so I get some time to read. Before we leave for work we spend some time talking.. so that we spend a couple of minutes together. While travelling I try to read or will sleep.. by this either studies or sleep will be compensated..;-) Once in office... i take a short break to read for exam... and same while travelling back in the evening.
    Once I go home I finish all my household cores and study for a while...and spend some time with family.

I can understand how difficult it will be with a child. All we have to do is plan properly. We need to allocate timings for each and everything and stick to it what ever might be the situation.

Try putting your child to sleep in the afternoon, so that you get time to study. Don't over load yourself. Take help. Make sure you get a couple of hours for yourself.

Good luck for your job :)

3. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Hello...
    Me too joining as I have to take upa certification by Feb at least.
    i am workingfull time and isthe mom of a 2 year old boy.
    Hubby comes home only late - by 9:30 PM and my SOn wont leave me till then.

If I can get up early I will be able to manage studies some how. I get lot of support from husband but sometimes he will be worser than my 2 year old :) I am not sure how I will manage... but will join you guys hoping tomake some progress.... Hoping to spend at least 30 minutes withthe text after I go home today!!

4. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Welcome Bhoomika and priya. Good to know you guys are doing a course working full time.Sure its a big challenge. Good Luck!!!

Lets start from today for our study attendance here in this thread.I'll post my timing the next morning, so that I can update the timing properly in case if I study late night.

Thanks !!!

LETS DO IT!!!!:)

5. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Today I went to the library and did prepare for 2.5 hours...It was good....

6. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

???? Not interested to join here???

7. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

I would like to join you from tomorrow. I have taken a break from work and am at home for the past 1.5 yrs. I would like to get back to work. My son goes to nursery for 3 hrs in the morning. I can utlilize that time. But somehow lack motivation. I was an IT professional and need to catch up with a lot of studies to get back to work.

8. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Welcome Roash2. Sure update your study time....Please be sure to give attendance here daily...Hereafter I'll do too...atleast we'll get motivated....I couldn't do since I cannot find to prepare for these days...Its a biggest challenge for me....Hope other IL's too join here to get motivated...

Are you planning for re-entry in IT?

9. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Yes. I have relocated to UK 5 mnts back and want to find a job. Not sue how easy it is here.

10. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Hey Raosh,

Yesterday I managed to get time to read about 3 hrs...My DH shared/taught/expalined some important points in my QA preparation...Felt super happy...Hope to continue all days....I'm planning to give a certification in Feb...