1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Stress Relief Ideas ?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by madras2018, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Madras2018,

Hugs.will first tell you the issue..
    been in the worst head space (head space is what we term it at home.) possible for a few years.. health, kids, situations you think you are just over the issue that you have bigger issue cropping up..

let us say i think ok, finally i am seeing a little light from the top, and the next moment, somebody pulls me back to the first ring on the ladder..and the climb feels too huge a task.

What do it do..
    tell myself, now you have come this far, you can do this, you can scale this, you can get out of the trouble.

have a cup of coffee, or a piece of mint dark chocolate(my weakness)..savor it as it if it is the only thing i am going to do.. blank out everything out..or zone out..

listen to music..nothing clears cobwebs (self spun, borrowed, and forced ones) that occupy too much space than music for me. sometimes i listen to just the om vibrations or to these sacred chants by this group.. they have exclusive ones..(not sure if it you would like them...)

but these too...

Read silly just page turner books..it can just be suppandi or tintin comics.. sometimes it is tv programs like yeh jo hai zindagi or sometimes it is just some nicely made documentary.

This works for me sometimes..a pen and a paper..just keep doodle..

go for a walk..i can't do rigorous exercise so it is always walks.
    and have you tried those poppit games on pc/tab/mobile they definitely are helpful..

Pick up a new hobby or go deeper into your favorite hobby.. be it craft, baking (pounding bread dough is a sure stress buster..) so is gardening..

and i also tell myself, there are things that are beyond me and things that i cannot do much about, either change or control, so I should let go of those and look to what is the alternative. i strongly believe there will be a solution hiding just under our nose, if we have the clarity of mind to look for....

and remember this too shall pass the moment we decide to get out of the limbo....

Dreambaby, momsky, Laks09 and 4 others like this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@madras2018
    Things that have worked for me in the past.
    Music, running and baking(in no particular order). I actually don't meet friends till I sort things out for myself first . I bake and bake till the whole house smells like bananas and chocolate.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and the best is to get off the social networking like fb and whatsapp..sure will reduce lot of the stress..

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@madras2018,

Hopefully, you will recover from your stress level soon. I am sorry I couldn't share my stress with you but I can share that I relieved that stress very quickly through specific actions. I normally don't prefer to discuss my deepest issues with anyone. The steps I took are:

1) Changed the environment
    2) Developed a habit that engaged my creative mind
    3) Removed fear factor through positive visualization techniques
    4) Developed breathing practice and long walks
    5) Listened to soothing music
    6) Restored gardening habits with specific action plans and measured the growth of the plants
    7) Brought a small puppy into my life and enjoyed the unconditional love

I controlled my diet as I was eating a lot because of the stress. It is okay to sulk but only for a limited period.

Viswa

Shanvy, Dreambaby, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy,
    Thanks for the last line -- This shall pass. Eventhough we know this, reinforcement is essential.

Shanvy and Laks09 like this.
  6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies

Thank you for all your wonderful ideas. I think I will give every idea I got here a try. Yep, that's how desperate I am to get out of the 'despair hole' in dug myself into.

Right now things "seem" bleak and am lacking somewhat in optimism. It feels almost as if i can't possibly cry any more tears than I already have without losing some of my eye sight. I know that's technically impossible (and hence the wording "it feels").

I hope to post every now and then in this thread about what worked, what helped me ..if atleast to serve other souls desperate for some respite.

What has seen me getting through the last 2 days with some laughs have been (unexpectedly) the James Corden Carpool Karaoke series on YouTube . To see a white English bloke going all gangster rap so un- self consciously had me laughing out & relieved of some stress for a brief while. Appears there's still some life left in life for some of us :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    jskls, Laks09 and Dreambaby like this.
  7. Dreambaby

Dreambaby New IL'ite

Buying a pet surely helps. I'm thinking of buying one soon.

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Please adopt one ..instead of buying from a breeder.
    More than a million dogs are euthanized each year in shelters because they dont have homes.
    sorry for this @madras2018 ....did not know where else to post.
    Do hope this phase passes for u soon.

Dreambaby, Viswamitra and SunPa like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it makes sense if you are upto giving it the love it needs to adapt in your place, a pet is a lot of responsiblity even if it is loads of love and company.

and i agree with @justanothergirl do adopt.

Dreambaby and justanothergirl like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@vidhyalakshmid this the mantra of success of self help books. they don't tell you something you don't know, they just reinforce the same when you need...

vidhyalakshmid likes this.