1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stress again ! No value for my thoughts. Willing to save my baby & my marraige.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by momsgal, Jan 30, 2014.

1. momsgal

momsgal New IL'ite

We are married for 8 months now. I had an miscarriage during 10th week of pregnancy in aug month.
    I'm a working women . We are trying to conceive again .. Initially my husband was working abroad now got switched here as we missed each other badly .. In the meanwhile jus after miscarriage to vent ourselves into diff mood v involved in buying a flat .
    Thing is as v r on TTC and I had a miscarriage I'm emotionally afraid to face any further . So I insisted my husband that I wud take a long break ( extended leave for 1 yr) join back after baby .. But he stays adamant and not ready to understand . Financially 3/4th of his salary gets locked in home loan and mine wud help for remaining . But at tis time I think baby shd b our first priority . It wud b difficult but I'm mentally prepared to face the financial crisis rather to face any loss . He speaks really rude , says there r many women who r facing all these don't create a scene . If u still stick on to ur idea then u ll get a new life in hand and loose the existing (referring to him ).
    I'm emotionally blocked once again . I lost my first baby because of unawareness and mental stress due to him . Now I think I'm pregnant again (waiting for my period to confirm , instinct says I am ) , again I'm into emotional stress which might affect the baby .. Crying a lot .. Couldn't share this to anyone even to parents , close frnds .. It wud create a big problem .. I feel very sick and helpless

2. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friend,
    First u try to be in leave for atleast 90 days after u get confirmed that ur got conceived.
    Dont strain yourself. And ask ur either ur in laws r ur parents to take care of kitchen work, home work, etc. Ask ur in laws to try to make ur husb to understand about this situation., or otherwise can try to make understand ur husband about this. dont go into a argument with ur dh regarding this. my wishes to u.

3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Miscarriage is almost always due to the fact that the fetus is having some serious defects and it is natures way to terminate the pregnancy. Sometimes it can also be caused by the mothers uterus not being able to hold the fetus, placenta not developing properly or other reasons. It is estimated that around 20-30% of the pregnancies end up in miscarriage.

1 person likes this.
  4. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

hi i understand wat ur going thro..losing a child is a great mental pain... for now be relaxed.. thats the most important for u physically and mentally... Have courage and dont think that u might lose the baby again... that fear is very bad for ur mental strength.. take adequate rest...if ur pregnancy is confirmed.. talk to ur doc abt ur medical history and ur fear... the doc might give u instructions on ur day today activities.. go as per her advice.. all will be fine :).. as for taking a break... never ever fight with ur DH.. by doing dat ur pulling urself away from wat u want.. try to talk to him abt ur fears in a normal way.. things may work out. try to come up with an alternate plan for managing the finances and convince ur DH on how u intend to plan while ur on a break.. if ur plan is good things will definitely fall on ur way

5. momsgal

momsgal New IL'ite

Thanks all for ur advices.
    Thanks nalinidiv for the ideas. The prob is even for 90 days leave I should inform in my office atleast before a month. Im quite afraid of last minute stunts. Also my DH loves baby a lot , he himself outa frustration told if u want terminate tis baby too but don't leave job. it hurts a lot ... couldn't come out of those words still now. Im in office by the way.

6. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

How old are you?Why are you trying to get pregnant just after 8 months of marriage?
    How about waiting for few more months?
    Are you ready to be mother and he to be father?Do you have proper savings as has become very costly to bring up child.Are you aware of it?

1 person likes this.
  7. devikr

devikr Senior IL'ite

talk to ur dr..he will give proper advice..

8. momsgal

momsgal New IL'ite

iam 24 and he is 27. we dint plan for baby at first but it jus happened and we lost it too. from that incident we have been yearning for a baby . We can manage with our current financial status. Just an year's toil till I join back office, after that we can very well bring up the child. Actually if its not confirmed this time I ll surely postponed. dunno how to handle if im blessed with baby this time itself. do help with ur advices.
    Its kinda soothing to share my prob.. thanks guys :)

9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Sweetheart, hugs to you. Please listen to this. I have been in your position. In fact, I've had two unplanned pregnancies ending unfortunately in miscarriages within a year. Here is what the two different doctors from different continents who saw me through them told me.

1. A healthy embryo is really tenacious; in that it will cling on and draw the nutrients it needs from the mum regardless of the mum's physical and emotional health.

2. Like CrayOness has already mentioned, about 30% of pregnancies are not viable simply because the embryo is not healthy enough to continue. In most cases it does not constitute a medical problem with either parent - it just is a part of nature and happens even in plants. Sometimes most women wouldn't even know they had a fertilized egg inside them; such un-viable embryos would just get flushed out with periods.

3. While it is best to not be stressed during pregnancy, stress doesn't not necessarily cause a miscarriage. Example given, there are women in war zones who deliver healthy babies and war zones are about as stressful as things can get.

4. Unless there is an underlying medical reason for the mother to take bed rest during pregnancy, there is no reason to sit idle - it will not help the foetus in any way. It could be detrimental to your health and by extension to the baby's

My own thoughts on the matter, if your company will give you a year's sabbatical, save it up to use it when your baby is eventually born. It is much more important to stay with your baby bring him/ her up, than to be resting during the pregnancy. While it sounds noble to say that money is not the most important thing, it is not practical. With a new baby on the way, money is very important especially since you say three-quarters of your husband's salary goes to pay your mortgage.

Your husband could be a little more understanding in this matter though. I suggest that you contact your doctor and find yourself a counsellor who can help you sort your thoughts out. If your husband will go with you to learn how better to communicate politely, without hurting each other, it will be great. Even if he doesn't come, go by yourself and TALK TO HIM about how you would like things to change for the better between the two of you and how you would like him to meet you half way.

In case you are pregnant right now, it is extremely important that your husband and you are on really happy terms with each other. You need to ensure that you have a very stable relationship before your baby is born. Do work on that.

All the best.

4 people like this.
  10. momsgal

momsgal New IL'ite

guesshoo, thanks so much for such a kind advice with experience :)

Actually i have started talking very politely to my DH and he is ok to accept a short term leave if needed for me. V r in good terms again. feeling good :)

1 person likes this.