1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange problem - cannot think of a workaround

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by bukbuk, Jan 8, 2012.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Nothing really sounds so spiritual here....where does their knowledge go?...is it only from and to books?. Yesterday I was watching the bounces by Nityananda devotees....cheap and wish they saw themselves on youtube.

And husbands behave even weirder...for them their family is a bunch of gurus. These people are nothing but attention seekers and there is noothing spiritual about it. Has you sil helped a single needy person? has she ever spoken to the house maid whith love? asking her how she was doing?. I seriously doubt.

Please ignore. Its disgusting...and scary! and lets all add value to our lives and hope these people get some life.....
    Please have her checked before it turns into something else like she leaving her family and taking sanyas...Iam not joking it happened to my friend's friend.

2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Looks like people think you are an atheist are you?. For me,Iam proud to be a hindu and how it purely takes Karma into consideration,so for me you are much more religious than your SIL is.Well as people said everyone has their own belief and we have no say as we too beleive in many things but common...if Kali devi is in her body, she would right away run to poor and give them her jewellery.........

3. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

lol, how about helping police catch dreaded criminals, fugitives, terrorists etc.etc.

4. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Jokes apart, I have seen my sil doing lot of volunteering work. She and dh were brought up in a home close to which there is a mission ashram, so then often went there to help out in various community programmes. My sil spent many years working in US and I believe was doing a lot of volunteering there too.

I think she's suffering from a neurotic disorder, which has resulted in this current illness.

Anyway, I hope to chat to my dh on this. Let's see how things go from here.

5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, I read most of your comments and the replies given. My personal opinion is that you are turning this into a big issue. You do not like your sil's approach to religion and faith and as long as she does not impose anything on you i do not see why you should avoid her. Meet her normally and just tell your hubby that you are not comfortable when she does all that drama...do not use the word drama. Just don't go for those sessions. Do not complicate your life and spoil relations.
    BUt if they force you to participate in it then you can definitely put your foot down and refuse. The rest is upto you. As far as your hubby's religious beliefs are concerned then i think he is entitled to believe whatever he chooses to. Again it is ok as long as nothing is forced on you.