1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange But True!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 5, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    My today’s post may seem a bit weird but it’s true. This post may make you think that I am a person with some problem in my brain. I do respect your point of view but can’t keep myself from writing this strange thing.
    Friends do you know, vehicles have faces? Surprised? Shocked? Frowning? Laughing? Or thinking to just stop reading this stupid, time consuming post? Whatever is your reaction, I am going to write about this weird thing!
    Whenever we go out for long drives and all, I always try to read face of the vehicle coming from opposite side. How our face tells all; whether we are happy or not; if there is disagreement; if we are angry and what not. Sometimes we form an opinion about a stranger that he/she looks “Khadoos” (snob), friendly or whatever. Similarly these vehicles also have faces and their emotions are also manifested on their faces.
    Many a times, looking at the face of the vehicle coming from opposite side, I decide whether I should overtake this vehicle or not. It may sound a bit stupid but dear ones, try this out once and slowly-slowly you would also become an expert in recognizing the vehicle’s face. They show pleasure, harmony, dissatisfaction, grudge and many more emotions.
    In May we went to our native place and during our journey I showed this to my parents also. Initially everybody was a bit apprehensive about believing this but as they got a bit comfortable with reading the faces of different vehicles, they also said, yes; it’s true. I know an uncle, who too is good at this, and many a times, looking at the bus’s face he has changed his mind, travelling in that particular bus and coincidently those buses were really ill-fated.
    I am not asking you friends to believe blindly in such things, but please do make it a point to read the faces of vehicles atleast for a period of 3 months and tell me if you still can’t differentiate between a happy vehicle and a not so happy one.
    Regs J

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear. i was shocked reading the first few lines. hmmmm vehicles will have face ah? ill try from today when i go out. nice write up. but how did start noticing it. any incident:bonk. kindly share it:):):)

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anukarsha
    I won't dismiss your thoughts about cars having faces as frivolous! I have seen Pixar/Walt Disney movie 'Cars' any number of times. It is an amazing movie with the cars exhibiting various moods and expressions more eloquently than humans! The final moments of the movie are so touching and we forget for a moment that they are mere cars.

But in this modern world, it is so difficult to read even human faces. Every one plays his cards close to his chest with a dead pan expression. What people are up to is a million dollar question.
    Sri

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear pavithra!thanks for your feedback.actually it started just like that.my hubby drives the car and i sit beside him.he concentrates on driving and i enjoy.so once,i just felt a truck coming from opposite side a bit angry sort of.and then i started noticing this everytime we went out.it's funny and amazing.please do try that.cheers-anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks sri sir for your feedback.i agree with you.but we human beings are a big hypocrite and know to hide emotions but vehicles can't help but to express theirs.please do give it a thought and try to observe.i am sure even you'll enjoy this amazing thing.regs-anu:)

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

I too believe reading faces but could not imagine reading faces of vehicles. I shall try from now on.

Anyway it was interesting to read your post and I appreciate your power of observation.

PS: Saw your pics in Mumbai Meetup. You look very cute - as well as your daughters.
    I always enjoy your write-ups dear but haven't had the chance to read all of them. I remember giving fbs to many of your threads but still I think I have to read many as I observed from the list of your threads. Keep it up!

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear soldier for your loving reply.please do try out this.i bet, you would enjoy reading faces of vehicles more than human beings.cheers:)
    Thanks for your compliments on snaps:)