1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Story telling competition in school Topic Environmental Please Help

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by anjukrishna, May 28, 2012.

1. anjukrishna

anjukrishna Senior IL'ite

hi all,

There is a story telling competition for my daughter.Topic of the story must be related to environment.She is in grade 2. I dont remember any such story.friends it will be great if you could help me .

thanks

anju

1 person likes this.

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

3. anjukrishna

dear friends,

Thank you so much soumya.both sites are really good.I read a story about the life of a paper which was very interesting.

Thank you sandhya.the content of the story is very deep and well suited for the competition.i liked it very much.did you write that story?i will try to teach my daughter the same.her competition is on 5th june.

thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anju...
    Why dont you share here the story...

5. anjukrishna

Hi friends,
    here is the story of a paper.

Once upon a time there was a piece of paper. It could do all sorts of cool things. Like bend, flex, fold, lie flat, stand up, even make paper airplanes. The kids loved playing with it! They would draw on it, cut it out, make shapes, make airplanes on it. But one day the paper found itself old, and wrinkled. Too used up for the kids to keep playing with it. And it was sad. Before it knew what was going on, it found itself stuck at the bottom of the trash can. It got sent out to the big dumpster where the trash men came and picked it up. The little piece of paper was thrown into the truck with all the other papers who were old, wrinkled, and quite grumpy. The journey was bumpy and windy, too long for such a tired piece of paper. It went from light to dark, from wind to rain. It was grabbed at and squished, and finally thrown onto a conveyer with the rest of the paper. It quickly got sorted and pushed, and moved around. The poor little piece of paper could do very little in its weak condition. Soon it saw a massive crusher and realized O NO! This is the end! There was so much I wanted to do! I wanted to be a pamphlet for Hawaii, or a legal binding document. But alas this is the end. And before it new it, it was crushed back into a thin piece of paper. Hm, it thought, that's not so bad. Then it saw the slicer! And the crusher O NO! the paper tried to run, it tried to fight with the other papers, but it had one corner caught. It started to tear as it was trying to pull away. It barely broke off, just a fragment got stuck. I can make it! But it was too late. The crusher and ripper sucked in the rest of the papers. And the paper closed its eyes. Slowly it blinked. And realized it was perfectly quiet. Even a bit sunny. Looking around the paper realized it was sitting next to a batch of fresh paper. It looked down at itself. Completely clean, smooth with a fresh coat of bleach! Then bending over to examine the rest of itself, to see what was going on it noticed a fine watermark on its back. What is this? It asked. A recycled logo

i liked the story.hope you all will like it.

thanks

2 people like this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anjukrishna..
    Which story did your DD relate? How was the competition ?
    Lovely story thanks for sharing... If you come across anymore interesting ones please share with us here...

7. anjukrishna

hi,
    My daughter did very well in her class competition. she was selected for the final .i dont know the final result.anyway i'm very happy,this is the first time she is participating in a competition.she tried the story of the paper..

thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

9. deepthisini

deepthisini Gold IL'ite