1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Story of a killer nine yard sari!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear PS,

Your ending left me misty-eyed. The loss of a dear one at such a young age and so cruelly must be extremely tough to deal with. I can imagine your pain since you did not see your sister alive after she moved away to another town.

You are a strong person to have faced such tragic incidents in life and yet keep your sunny side alive! Kudos to your spirit!

SS

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Ma'am,

This is a very tragic incident. My husband's SIL also went through a similar incident. After battling with months of treatment, she survived. She has scars all over except her face. My MIL would talk of the incident and say that the flames could be seen even in the neighbouring homes.

Young girls who work in the kitchen should note that the dupatta is not a necessary piece for the kitchen. Dupattas are not only easily inflammable, but can also cause chocking hazards.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear soaring spirit,
    Thank you for your compliments. I think God only gives us the courage to face all the hard and tough situations if we have faith in HIM.
    Love,
    PS

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Nivedi,
    Sorry to hear that your sil had met with fire accident, but by the grace of God she had survived. At times even after taking precaution also these kind of accidents do happen.
    Thanks for your message,
    Love,
    PS

5. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,

What can i say? My throat is choked iwth tears once i realised it was a true story and it was your sister. I was dreading as i was reaching the end that it would be a true story. I am sorry for your sister's demise in this cruel way. I was also quite worried abt the children of such young age. But i am quite glad to know they are in a good position now.

Take care,
    JJ

6. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear PS,

It was such a shocking story and to know that the victim was your own sister is devastating.

I thought the 'killer' in the title was an adjective for 'super', but to know it really killed your sister is terrible. Though I love nine yard sari, I wouldn't be surprised, if you hate it.

Above all, your spirit to take such terrible events in your stride and narrate them to encourage people going through such trauma is absolutely adorable. Hats off to you...!

-Gayathri.

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Pushpa mam

OMG......i thought it is some story......u r sharing..........cant imagine its a true incident happened in ur family thatoo for ur sister...........aim sorry ver sorry........i have no words to say..but i can understand your feelings....

I got fire in my dhupatta ( was wearing full cotton pyjama ) 6 months back........when i bend near gastove to take vessels from the top shelf... didnt notice that......only after it got spread to my height in my back.....i noticed ......can u beleive me.........thank god.....i pulled the dhuppatta from me.........with God's grace it didnt spread in my tight dress.......its real wonder.........how it didnt spread in my dress......GOD was there with me on that day......wat more to say....

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli Srinivasan

I was shocked to read this.

It is terrible the way your sister lost her life. She seemed like a lady full of life and energy and I am sure her loss was not easy on anyone, esp her five small children, husband and the rest of the family.
    Like many here have said, you seem to have gone through some harrowing experiences.
    Well, the only consolation was to know that her children are all doing well now.

L, Kamla

9. Anupamamurali

Anupamamurali New IL'ite

Pushpavalli Madam,

Read ur thread. Thought it was a story. but when came to know that it is a real incident . That too it is happened to ur elder sister. Felt very bad.

Please accept my Condolences. But it is good to know that all your sisters childerens are in good position.

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya, Gayathri, Latha, Kamla and Anupma,
    I am overwhelmed with emotion for the concern and affection you are showing on me and my family and I can't express my feelings in words . Due to pressure of work and time constraint I can't write individual reply to all. Please bear with me. Thank you all once again,
    Love,
    PS