Stories of the prophets

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Yumna, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Subhan ALLAH..!! "Glorious is God."

1 person likes this.
  2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

In the Name of God,the Most Beneficent,the Ever Merciful !

Quran says,

Then We inspired Musa (saying): "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate part of that water became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain. (26:63)

Miraculously, Allah divided the waters of the sea leaving a dry path in the middle, which the Children of Israel immediately followed. Here was an apparent miracle; without question, Allah's help and support was with the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) and his followers.

Prophet Musa led his people across.

Nevertheless, this miracle did not suffice to convince Pharaoh. Together with his soldiers who took him as a deity (Allah is beyond that), he blindly entered the path that divided the sea.However, after the Children of Israel had safely crossed to the other side and Pharaoh with his army were midway, Allah commanded the sea to return to its former state and the waters suddenly began to close in on Pharaoh and his soldiers.

Terror-stricken Pharaoh, realizing his end had come, declared out of fear: "I believe that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah in Whom the children of Israel believe, and I am of those who surrender to Him." But his repentance, which was merely based on fear of death was not accepted.

Almighty Allah says in the Quran;

And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he said: "I believe that none has the right to be worshiped but HE in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of those who submit to Allah's Will."

Now! Now you believe while you refused to believe before and you were one of the evil-doers. (10:90-91)

Allah did not accept this declaration and the waters closed over him, drowning him and his entire army.

There is a very important lesson to draw from Pharaoh's repentance at the very last moment of his life and its rejection by Allah. Allah grants sufficient time and opportunity to everybody to ponder over the reason for their existence on earth, to understand that they are here to be servants to Allah and the way they are to serve Him. If, however, a man does not take the time he has been allotted and attempts to repent only at the moment he meets his death—unless otherwise willed by Allah—his repentance is worthless. Because, at the moment of death, a person can clearly sense the reality and proximity of the Hereafter, and bears witness to this truth when he confronts the angels of death. At that point, a person can no longer reject the truth. What is important, however, is to exercise one's conscience and be sincere while one is still living in this world, that is, while he is being tested. Throughout his trial period, Pharaoh conducted himself disrespectfully and insolently towards Allah. Therefore, his repentance was not accepted,for it was not sincere.

Quran says;

Allah only accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and then quickly repent after doing it. Allah will pardon them. Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. There is no repentance for people who persist in doing evil until death comes to them and who then say, "Now I repent," nor for people who die unbeliever. We have prepared for them a painful punishment. (4:17-18)

Allah says in the Quran;

So this day WE shall deliver your dead body out from the sea that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our signs. (10:92)

{Muslims believe that the naturally mummified (that is no internal organs have been removed) body which was discovered in 1898 in the valley of kings in Egypt is the body of same Pharaoh of Prophet Musa's time}

INSHA-ALLAH, TO BE CONTINUED...!

1 person likes this.
  3. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Thanks :thankyou2:yumna for sharing this as I dont know this before..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Masha Allah !

It is an interesting story..you should search in google...or youtube.

2 people like this.
  5. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Ok I will search.. thanks yumna

1 person likes this.
  6. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

After Pharaoh and his soldiers were drowned in the sea, the Prophet Musa (pbuh) set off with his tribe to a safer place.The miracle of the parting of the sea was still fresh in their minds, damp sea sands were still stuck on their soles, when they passed by a people worshiping idols. Instead of manifesting their indignation at the idolaters' oppression of the intellect by celebrating the praises of Allah for His guidance, they looked to Prophet Musa for him to specify a god for them to worship as those other people did. They were jealous of the other people and their idols, and they desired the same. They missed the ancient idolatry which they had lived with during the reign of Pharaoh.

Allah says in the Quran;

We conveyed the tribe of Israel across the sea and they came upon some people who were devoting themselves to some idols which they had. They said, "Musa, give us a god just as these people have gods." He said, "You are indeed an ignorant people. What these people are doing is destined for destruction. What they are doing is purposeless." (7: 138-139)

When they needed water in the dry land, Allah commanded Prophet Musa to strike a rock, which parted and sent forth twelve springs of water for the twelve different tribes so that they need not dispute over a shortage of water. Allah also kept the skies cloudy to protect them from the scorching sun. To relieve their hunger;Allah provided them with Manna & Quails. Manna was a sweet substance that descended upon them from the sky and the Quail (salwa) was a type of bird that would fall down to them.

{They would collect enough for that particular day, for if it remained more than that, it would spoil except for Sabbath days. On the sixth day, Friday, one would collect enough for the sixth and the seventh day, which was the Sabbath during which one would not leave home to seek his livelihood, or for anything else.}

Almighty Allah Says in the Quran;

And WE shaded you with clouds and sent down on you Manna and the quails, saying: "Eat of the good lawful things We have provided for you," but they rebelled. And they did not wrong Us but they wronged themselves. (2:57)

Prophet Musa was summoned by Allah to Mount Sinai and he put his brother Harun in charge while he was gone.

Allah says;

We set aside thirty nights for Musa and then completed them with ten, so the appointed time of his Lord was forty nights in all. Musa said to his brother Harun, "Be my caliph among my people. Keep order and do not follow the way of the corrupters."(7: 142)

Allah narrates;

And when Musa came the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord spoke to him, he said: "O my Lord! Show me (yourself), that I may look upon You."

Allah said: "You can not see ME, but look upon the mountain if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Musa fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers."

Allah said: "O Musa I have chosen you above men by MY Messages, and by MY speaking to you. So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful."

And WE wrote for him on the Tablets the lesson to be drawn from all things and the explanation of all things and said: Hold unto these with firmness, and enjoin your people to take the better therein. I shall show you the home of those who are disobedient to Allah.

I shall turn away from MY verses those who behave arrogantly on the earth, without a right, and even if they see all the verses/signs, they will not believe in them. And if they see the way of righteousness, they will not adopt it as the Way, but if they see the way of error, they will adopt that way, that is because they have rejected Our verses/revelations,and were heedless from them.

Those who deny Our verses/revelations,and the Meeting in the Hereafter, vain are their deeds. Do they expect to be rewarded with anything except what they used to do? (7:143-147)

INSHA-ALLAH...TO BE CONTINUED!

2 people like this.
  7. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Prophet Musa (peace be upon him) had been gone for forty days and his people were becoming restless, for they did not know that Allah had extended his time by a further ten days. Samiri, a man who was inclined towards evil, suggested that they find themselves another guide, as Prophet Musa had broken his promise. He said to them: "In order to find true guidance, you need a god, and I shall provide one for you.So he collected all their gold jewelry, dug a hole in which he placed the lot, and lit a huge fire to melt it down. During the casting, he threw a handful of dust, making actions like a magician's to impress the ignorant. From the molten metal he fashioned a golden calf. It was hollow, and the wind passing through it produced a sound. Since superstition was imbedded in their past, they quickly linked the strange sound to something supernatural, as if it were a living god. Some of them accept the golden calf as their god.

Quran says;

After he left, Musa's people adopted a calf made from their ornaments, a form which made a lowing sound. 7:148

Prophet Musa's brother Aaron (peace be upon him), who acted as their leader in Musa's absence, was grieved and spoke up: "O my people! You have been deceived. Your Lord is the Most Beneficent. Follow and obey me.They replied: "We shall stop worshiping this god only if Musa returns."Those who had remained steadfast in belief separated themselves from the pagans.Meanwhile Prophet Musa was informed about his people:

Quran:

"We tried your people after you left and the Samiri has misguided them." 20:85

Taking the tablets, the Prophet Musa returned to his people.

On his return Prophet Musa saw his people singing and dancing around the calf's statue. Furious at their paganistic ritual, he flung down the Tablet of the Law he was carrying for them. He tugged Aaron's beard and his hair, crying: "What held you back when you saw them going astray?Aaron replied: "O son of my mother, let go of my beard! The fold considered me weak and were about to kill me. So make not the enemies rejoice over me, nor put me among the people who are wrong-doers.

Quran;

Musa turned to his people in a state of anger and sorrow. He said: "O my people! Did not your Lord promise you a fair promise? Did then the promise seem to you long in coming? Or did you desire the Wrath should descend from your Lord on you, so you broke your promise to me " 20: 83-86

In the words of Quran;

They said: "We broke not the promise to you, of our own will, but we were made to carry the weight of the ornaments of the Pharaoh's people, then we cast them into the fire, and that was what Samiri suggested."Then he took out of the fire, for them a statue of a calf which seemed to low. They said: "This is your ilah (god), and the ilah (god) of Musa, but Musa has forgotten (his god)."Did they not see that it could not return them a word (for answer), and that it had no power either to harm them or to do them good?And Aaron indeed had said to them beforehand: "O my people! You are being tried in this, and verily, your Lord is Allah the Most Beneficent, so follow me and obey my order."They said: "We will not stop worshiping it the calf until Musa returns to us." (20:87-91)

Then Prophet Musa
    turned to Samiri, the actual person responsible for the tribe's transgression. He questioned him about his wrongdoing.

Glorious Quran narrates;

Prophet Musa said, "What do you think you were doing, Samiri?"

He said, "I saw what they did not see. So I gathered up a handful from the Messenger's footprints (Angel Jibraeel at the time of parting the Sea and he had sprinkled the same dust into the mouth of golden calf) That is what my inner self urged me to do."Musa said, "Go! An outcast shall you be in this life, nor shall you escape your appointed doom. Look at your god to which you devoted so much time. We will burn it up and then scatter it as dust into the sea." 20:95-97

INSHA-ALLAH...TO BE CONTINUED !

2 people like this.
  8. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

One day Prophet Musa (Peace be upon Him) delivered such an impressive sermon that all who heard it was deeply moved. Someone in the congregation asked: "O Messenger of Allah, is there any another on earth who is more learned than you?"

Prophet Musa replied: "No!", believing so, as Allah had given him the power of miracles and honored him with the Torah.

However, Allah revealed to Prophet Musa that no man could know all there is to know, nor would one messenger alone be the custodian of all knowledge. There would always be another who knew what others did not.

Prophet Musa asked Allah: "O Allah, where is this man? I would like to meet him and learn from him." He also asked for a sign to this person's identity.

Allah instructed him to take a live fish in a water filled vessel. When the fish disappeared, he would find the man he sought. Prophet Musa set out on his journey, accompanied by a young man (a servant) who carried the vessel with the fish. They reached a place where two rivers met and decided to rest there. Instantly, Prophet Musa fell asleep.

While he was asleep, his companion saw the fish wriggle out of the vessel into the river and swim away. However, he forgot to relate the incident to Prophet Musa. When he awoke, they continued their journey until they were exhausted and hungry. Prophet Musa asked for his morning meal. Only then did his companion recall that the fish they had brought with them had gotten away. Hearing this, Prophet Musa exclaimed: "This is exactly what we are seeking!"

They hurriedly retraced their steps to the place where the rivers met and where the fish had jumped out. There they found a man, his face partly covered with a hood. His bearing showed he was a saintly man. He was Khidr, the guide.

Musa said: "I have come to you so that you may teach me from those things which Allah has taught you."

He said: "O Musa! I have some of the knowledge of Allah which Allah has taught me and which you do not know, you have some of the knowledge of Allah which Allah has taught you and which I do not know."

Musa asked: "May I follow you?" He said: "But you will not be able to remain patient with me, for how can you be patient about things which you will not be able to understand?" Musa said: "You will find me, if Allah so will, truly patient, and I will not disobey you in aught."

Quran narrates;

And remember when Musa said to his boy servant: "I will not give up (traveling) until I reach the junction of the two seas or until I spend years and years in traveling."

But when they reached the junction of the two seas, they forgot their fish, and it took its way through the sea as in a tunnel. So when they had passed further on (beyond that fixed place), Musa said to his boy servant: "Bring us our morning meal; truly, we have suffered much fatigue in this, our journey."He said: "Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the dock? I indeed forgot the fish, none but Satan made me forget to remember it. It took its course into the sea in a strange way!"

Musa said: "That is what we have been seeking." So they went back retracing their footsteps.
    Then they found one of Our slaves, unto whom WE had bestowed mercy from Us, and whom We had taught knowledge from Us.

Musa said to him (Khidr) "May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance, and true path) which you have been taught by Allah?"

Khidr said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me! And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?"

Prophet Musa said; "If Allah will, you will find me patience, and I will not disobey you in aught."

Khidr said: "Then, if you follow me, ask me not about anything till I myself mention it to you." {18:60-70}

So both of them set out walking along the seashore. A boat passed by them, and they asked the crew of the boat to take them on board. The crew recognized Khidr, so they took them on board without fare.

When they were on board the boat, a sparrow came and stood on the edge of the boat and dipped its beak once or twice into the sea.Khidr said to Musa: "O Musa! My knowledge and your knowledge have not decreased Allah's knowledge except as much as this sparrow has decreased the water of the sea with its beak."

Then suddenly Khidr took an adz and pulled up a plank, and Musa did not notice it till he had pulled up a plank with the adz. Prophet Musa said to him: "What have you done? They took us on board charging us nothing; yet you have intentionally made a hole in their boat as to drown its passengers. Verily, you have done a dreadful thing."

Khidr replied: "Did I not tell you that you would not be able to remain patient with me?" Musa replied: "Do not blame me for what I have forgotten, and do not be hard upon me for my fault." So the first excuse of Prophet Musa was that he had forgotten.

When they had left the sea, they passed by a boy playing with other boys. Khidr killed that boy. Musa said to him: "Have you killed an innocent person who has not killed any person? You have really done a horrible thing." Khidr said: "Did I not tell you that you could not remain patient with me?" Musa said: "If I ask you about anything after this, don't accompany me. You have received an excuse from me."

Then both of them went on till they came to some people of a village, and they asked its inhabitants for food but they refused to entertain them as guests. Then they saw therein a wall which was just going to collapse and Khidr repaired it with his hands. Musa said: "These are the people whom we have called on, but they neither gave us food, nor entertained us as guests, yet you have repaired their wall. If you had wished, you could have taken wages for it."

Khidr said: "This is the parting between you and me, and I shall tell you the explanation of those things on which you could not remain patient."

Quran narrates;

Khidr Said,"As for the ship, it belonged to poor people working in the sea. So I wished to make a defective damage in it, as there was a king after them, who seized every new ship by force.

"And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared he shall oppress them by rebellion and disbelief. So we intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in righteousness and near to mercy.

"And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of those things over which could not hold patience. (18:79-82 )

It may be that what appear to be undesired events but behind many events there are surely Divine purposes which are neither obvious nor immediately comprehensible.

INSHA-ALLAH,TO BE CONTINUED...!

1 person likes this.
  9. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Assalamu alaikum yumna.. please post next part soon...

2 people like this.
  10. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Wa-Alaikumasalam Sister.

In-sha-Allah will try to post it soon.

1 person likes this.