Stories of the prophets

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Yumna, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

In the Name of God,the Most Beneficent,the Most Merciful !

Almighty Allah says in the Glorious Quran:

Then there came to him one of the two women, walking shyly. She said: "Verily, my father calls you that he may reward you for having watered our flocks for us." So when he came to him and narrated the story, he said; "Fear you not. You have escaped from the people who are polytheists and wrong-doers." And said one of them (the two women): "O my father! Hire him! Verily, the best of men for you to hire is the strong, the trustworthy." He said: "I intend to wed one of these two daughters of mine to you, on condition that you serve me for eight years, but if you complete ten years, it will be a favor from you. But I intend not to place you under a difficulty. If Allah wills, you will find me one of the righteous." He (Musa) said: "That is settled between me and you whichever of the two terms I fulfill, there will be no injustice to me, and Allah is Surety over what we say." 28:25-28

Time passed, and he lived in seclusion far from his family and his people.He lived in the clan for about ten years and led an extremely simple life in contrast to the comforts of the royal Egyptian palace. He tended the sheep and goats of the family and spent time in the solitude of the desert. This was a time of contemplation and reflection for Musa.

One day a vague homesickness arose in Prophet Musa's heart. He wanted to return to Egypt. He was fast and firm in making his decision, telling his wife: "Tomorrow we shall leave for Egypt."

After living ten years in Midyan, Musa left for Egypt, accompanied by his family.

On their way, one night, they made a halt near Mount Sinai. It was a cold night.Suddenly Musa saw a fire in the distance, on the side of the Mount Sinai.

Prophet Musa told the family to stay there while he would go up to the mountain to bring a brand from the fire to warm up or to gather some information from it.

When Prophet Musa arrived at the site, instead of fire, he noticed a brilliant light emanating from a bush.

Prophet Musa approached the bush cautiously when he heard a voice calling him to take off his shoes as he was in the presence of his Creator, and that he was standing on the sanctified land of Tuwa.

INSHA-ALLAH,TO BE CONTINUED...!

1 person likes this.
  2. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Assalamu alaikum sister..
    Waiting for the next part.. what happened next......

1 person likes this.
  3. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Almighty Allah says in the Glorious Quran:

And has there come to you the story of Musa ?

When he saw a fire, he said to his family: "Wait! Verily, I have seen a fire, perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom, or find some guidance at the fire."

And when he came to it, he was called by name: "O Musa" !

"Verily! I am your Lord! So take off your shoes, you are in the sacred valley, Tuwa.

"And I have chosen you. So listen to that which is inspired to you.

I am Allah. There is no god but ME, so worship ME and establish prayer to remember ME." 20:9-14

So it was there in the valley of Tuwa and at Mount Sinai that Prophet Musa(peace be upon Him) was given the glad tidings of Prophet-hood and Two great Signs/Miracles.

First Sign/Miracle:

Almighty Allah asked Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) about his staff.

"And what is that in your right hand, O Musa ?

"He said, "It is my staff. I lean on it and beat down leaves for my sheep with it and have other uses for it."
    20:17-18

No doubt Allah had known what the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) held in his hand and for what he used it.This question was asked so that his attention would focus on the staff and to prepare him for the miracle which was about to happen.

Then Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) was asked to throw down his staff.

He did so, and at once the staff became a wriggling snake.When Prophet Musa saw his familiar staff turning into a snake,he was seized with fear .He turned to run, but the voice again addressed him: "Fear not and grasp it; We shall return it to its former state."

Quran revealed;

"Throw down your staff";

Then when he saw it slithering like a snake he turned and fled and did not turn back again;

"Have no fear, Musa. In MY Presence the Messengers have no fear." 27:10

Allah said:"Grasp it, and fear not, We shall return it to its former state. 20:21

In compliance with the command,Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) with firm belief grasped the head of snake and instantly it turned back to his staff.

Second Sign/Miracle:

Next, Allah commanded Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) to thrust his hand into his robe and when he pulled it out, the hand was pure white and had a brilliant shine.

"Put your hand inside your shirt front. It will emerge pure white yet quite unharmed". 28:32

Allah commanded him not to fear and go forth with these miracles to Pharaoh:

"Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh)! Verily, he has transgressed". 20:24

INSHA-ALLAH,TO BE CONTINUED !

1 person likes this.
  4. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Masha-allah!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) requsted Allah to grant him fluency of speech, and have his brother Harun (Aaron) help him and be a deputy to him in all his tasks ahead.

Allah granted Prophet Musa his requests and told him that he could take his brother along with him, and told him to be gentle in his language and be patient in all his dealings.

Quran says:

Musa said, "And appoint for me a helper from my family;Harun, my brother;
    "Increase my strength with him,
    "And let him share my task,
    "That we may glorify You much,
    "And remember You much,
    "Verily! You are of us Ever a Well-Seer."
    {Quran}

The Prophet Musa's (peace be upon Him) requests were granted by Allah.

Allah declared that Harun had been allowed to accompany the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) in order to support him in his mission to Pharaoh as well as to give him strength.

Allah said:

"You are granted your request, O Musa !
    "Go you and your brother with MY Ayat (verses,signs, revelations, etc.), and do not, you both, slacken and become weak in My Remembrance.

"Go, both of you, to Fir'aun, verily, he has transgressed.
    "And speak to him mildly, perhaps he may accept admonition or fear Allah."

"So go you both to him, and say: 'Verily, we are Messengers of your Lord, so let the Children of Israel go with us, and torment them not; indeed, we have come with a sign from your Lord! And peace will be upon him who follows the guidance!”{Quran}

The dialogue between the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) and Pharaoh was as follows:

{Quran Says} :

Fir'aun said: "Who then, O Musa, is the Lord of you two?"

[Musa] said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each thing its form and nature, then guided it aright."

[Fir'aun] said: "What about the generations of old?"

[Musa] said: "The knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Record. My Lord is neither unaware nor He forgets, "
    Who has made earth for you like a bed (spread out); and has opened roads (ways and paths etc.) for you therein; and has sent down water (rain) from the sky.

Fir'aun said: "And what is the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)?"

Musa said: "Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, if you seek to be convinced with certainty."

Fir'aun said to those around: "Do you not hear what he says?"

Musa said: "Your Lord and the Lord of your ancient fathers!"

Fir'aun said: "Verily, your Messenger who has been sent to you is a madman!

Musa said: "Lord of the east and the west, and all that is between them, if you did but understand!"

Fir'aun said: "If you choose an ilah (god) other than me, I will certainly put you among the prisoners."

Musa said: "Even if I bring you something manifest and convincing?"

Fir'aun said: "Bring it forth then, if you are of the truthful!"

So Musa threw his stick, and behold, it was a serpent, manifest.

And he drew out his hand, and behold, it was white to all beholders! {Quran}

Fir'aun's amazement turned to terror. Fearing that his rule was in danger, he addressed his advisors: "These are two wizards who will strip you of your best traditions and drive you of the country with their magic. What do you advise?" they counseled Firaun to detain Musa and Harun while they summoned the cleverest magicians in the country. Then they too, could show their skills of magic and change sticks into serpents. In this way they sought to reduce the influence of Musa's miracles on the masses.

INSHA-ALLH,TO BE CONTINUED...!

1 person likes this.
  6. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Pharaoh said: "Have you come to drive us out of our land with your magic, O Musa? Then verily, we can produce magic the like thereof; so appoint a meeting between us and you, which neither we, nor you shall fail to keep, in an open wide place where both shall have a just and equal chance (and beholders could witness the competition)."

Musa said: "your appointed meeting is the day of the festival, and let the people assemble when the sun has risen (forenoon)." {Quran,20:57-59}

Pharaoh detained Musa and Harun. He dispatched couriers all over the land to enlist the best magicians. He offered each successful magician a big reward, including appointment as a royal courtier.

They said, "Detain him and his brother and send out marshals to the cities, to bring you all the skilled magicians." {Quran,7:112}

Magicians came to Pharaoh from all parts of the land of Egypt to struggle against the Prophet Musa. Pharaoh assumed to have ultimate victory. Following a successful confrontation, the authority of Pharaoh and his inner circle would have been assured.

On the customary festival day, which attracted citizens from all over the Egyptian empire, Pharaoh arranged for a public contest between Musa and the magicians. The people came in droves as near before when they heard of the greatest contest ever between Pharaoh's many magicians and a single man who claimed to be a Prophet.

Everyone was eager and excited to watch this great contest. Before it began,Prophet Musa arose. There was a hush in the huge crowd.Prophet Musa addressed the magicians. "Woe unto you, if you invent a lie against Allah by calling His miracles magic and by not being honest with the Pharaoh. Woe unto you, if you do not know the difference between the truth and falsehood. Allah will destroy you with HIS punishment, for he who lies against Allah fails miserably."

The Prophet Musa (pbuh) was asked to decide who should start.He asked the magicians to perform first.

They said: "O Musa! Either you throw first or we be the first to throw?" {Quran,20:65}

When the magicians performed their magic, their ropes and staffs appeared to slither. As Allah informs us in the verse, all were deceived into seeing ropes and staffs as moving by themselves.

They said, "Musa, will you throw or shall we be the first to throw?" He said, "No, you throw!" And suddenly their ropes and staffs appeared to him, by their magic, to be slithering about. {Quran,20: 65-66}

A certain point deserves attention here: in the above verse, we encounter the expression "appear to be slithering about." This wording indicates that there was not an actual movement, but only one perceived by the spectators. In another verse, Allah explains the illusory nature of this incident as follows (Harun-Yahya):

He (Musa) said, "You throw." And when they threw, they cast a spell on the people's eyes and caused them to feel great fear of them. They produced an extremely powerful magic. {Quran,7: 116}

Prophet Musa felt some fear within Himself as Quran goes on to say;

Musa experienced in himself a feeling of alarm. WE said, "Have no fear. You will have the upper hand. Throw down what is in your right hand. It will swallow up their handiwork. Their handiwork is just a magician's trick. Magicians do not prosper wherever they go." {Quran,20
    : 67-69}

Bolstered by this reminder from the Lord, the Prophet Musa (pbuh) immediately turned to the magicians.

When they had thrown, Musa said, "What you have brought is magic. Allah will certainly prove it false. Allah does not uphold the actions of corrupters." {Quran,10: 81}

Prophet
    Musa (pbuh) threw down his staff.It began to wriggle and became an enormous serpent.It devoured every moving stick that the magician had thrown.

We revealed to Musa, "Throw down your staff." And it immediately swallowed up what they had forged. So the Truth took place and what they did was shown to be false. They were defeated then and there, transformed into humbled men. {Quran,7: 117-119}

Then Prophet
    Musa bent to pick it up, and it again became his very own ordinary staff in his hand.

"A non-living piece of wood turned into an utterly living being with a digestive system which swallows what other people throw and moves rapidly. This way, Allah shows people an example of how HE created life from non-existence. A non-living being revives, solely by Allah's will, that is to say, by Allah's command of "Be". (Harun-Yahya)

The confrontation between the Prophet Musa (pbuh) and those opposing him resulted in a completely unexpected end for Pharaoh, the magicians and the spectators alike. The people in subject, who had been so self-assured and arrogant of their superiority, were defeated. Furthermore, this total defeat took place right before the eyes of the people of Egypt. The impact of the defeat was even greater for the those opposing the Prophet Musa (pbuh).

The staff of the Prophet Musa (pbuh) had actually devoured their trickery. These people, therefore, grasped that this was a real miracle, and a sign of the existence of Allah, and an evidence of Allah's support to the Prophet Musa (pbuh) Thereupon, they embraced faith:

And the sorcerers fell down prostrate.They said: "We believe in the Lord of all the worlds,the Lord of Musa and Harun.
    {Quran,7 :120-122}

So do I.

I bear witness that I believe in the Lord of all the worlds,the Lord of Prophet Musa and Prophet Harun. The Lord of all the Prophets...from Prophet Aadam to Prophet Muhammad (May peace be upon them)

1 person likes this.
  7. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

The magicians represented the elite of the Egyptian society.They were its scholars.Pharaoh, who had openly challenged Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him), being so overly confident that he would win, was in fact defeated, with people who had used to be close to him finally believing in the Prophet Musa,could not accept the decision of these people. According to his perverted rationale, he was the sole owner of the land—even of the people—, and thought himself entitled to authorize whether or not people be allowed to convert to another belief.

The defeat of his people and their acceptance of faith in Lord greatly destabilized his authority. In one way or another, he would have to defuse the situation and re-establish his power. For this purpose, he resorted to violence, threatening the believing people with torture and death.

Almighty Allah relates in the verses:

Pharaoh said: "Believe you in him before I give you permission? Verily! He is your chief,the one who taught you magic. So I will surely cut off your hands and feet on opposite sides, and I will surely crucify you on the trunks of date-palms, and you shall surely know which of us can give the severe and more lasting torment."

(Quran:20:71)

These people of faith did not yield to the threats of Pharaoh because they believed wholeheartedly that if they were to be killed, they would return to Allah, Who is the Creator of everything. All the while, they dearly hoped that Allah would forgive their former morality and attitude. Because Allah is the Forgiver and the Merciful.

They said: "We shall never prefer you to the clear sign that has come to us, and to HIM who created us. So decree whatever you desire to decree, for you can only decree regarding this present life.We believe in our Lord, [hoping] HE may forgive us our sins and the sorcery that you forced us to practice–And Allah is better as regards reward in comparison to your reward, and more lasting as regards punishment in comparison to your punishment".

(Quran,20:72,73)

They said: "Verily, we are returning to our Lord."And you take vengeance on us only because we believed in the
    signs of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims."

(Quran,7:125,126)

They believed wholeheartedly that if they were to be killed, they would return to Allah, Who is the Creator of everything.

From then on, Pharaoh's rule over the people became increasingly malicious. He sought to steer the people through his power. Due to the oppression he meted out, no one, except for a small group of young people from the people of the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him), followed the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him). Only these few people showed the like of the courage and sincerity shown by those who came to believe despite previously being close to Pharaoh. The majority of people living in that period, on the other hand, did not appreciate the power of the Almighty Allah, and, having no fear of Him, rejected faith.

This is conveyed in the Qur'an as follows:

No one believed in Musa, except for a few of his people, out of fear that Pharaoh, and the elders, would persecute them. Pharaoh was high and mighty in the land. He was one of the profligate.

(Quran,10:83)

One of those to have put her faith in the Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) was the spouse of Pharaoh.Her name was Aasiya. This woman, who previously shared so many worldly favors with Pharaoh, not only dared to leave all such riches behind, but also to make herself the object of Pharoah's violence.

Pharaoh and his inner circle resisted Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him). They insisted on denying the truth, due to their arrogance and obstinacy.Furthermore, they devised new plans to subject the Prophet Musa and his adherents to more severe torture and oppression.

Pharaoh summoned all the ministers, leaders, and responsible men for a serious meeting.
    He had established a kingdom on the basis of his being a god worshiped by the Egyptian people. Now Musa came to destroy what he had built. Musa said that there was no Lord other than Allah in existence.

Haman was a very important minister in Pharaoh's court and was very close to Pharaoh.

Pharaoh addressed Haman and said,"Has he (Musa) not said that there is a Lord in the heaven?"

Haman answered: "Musa is lying."

Pharaoh asserted impatiently: "I know he is a liar." Then he looked towards Haman and said:

Quran quotes,

And Pharaoh said: "O Haman! Build me a tower that I may arrive at the ways,and gain access to the heavens, so that I can look on Musa's God. Truly I think he is a liar." That is how Pharaoh's evil actions were made attractive to him and he debarred others from the path. Pharaoh's scheming led to nothing but ruin.

(Quran,40:36,37)

1 person likes this.
  8. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Though a tower that high was never build.

Karun (Korah) :

Along with Pharaoh, Karun is mentioned among those who were destroyed at the time of the Prophet Musa. Karun was one of the people of Musa and was the owner of great possessions in Egypt despite being a descendant of the Israelite tribe.

Quran says;

Karun was one of the people of Musa but he lorded it over them. WE gave him treasures, the keys alone to which were a heavy weight for a party of strong men… (28:76)

Allah mentioned in the Quran the abundance of his treasures, that even the keys of those treasures needed to be carried by a group of heavy-built men. It is said as well that those keys were made of skin, and were carried on sixty mules.

The great fortune and status Karun possessed in Egypt, due to his closeness to Pharaoh, made him arrogant and insolent towards his own people. He refused to accept the Prophet Musa's message, and boasted about his possessions to make the Children of Israel feel attachment to the life of this world. In fact, his great fortune and status became the envy of some of the people from the Prophet Musa's tribe.

Allah relates the arrogance of Karun and the envy those of poor faith among the Children of Israel felt for him:

Quran says;

He went out among his people in his finery. Those who desired the life of the world said, "Oh! If only we had the same as Karun has been given! What immense good fortune he possesses." (28:79)

The true believers among the Children of Israel never felt inclined towards Karun. On the contrary, they comprehended the pitiful situation he was in, and warned him.

Quran says;

When his people said to him, "Do not gloat. Allah does not love people who gloat. Seek the abode of the Hereafter with what Allah has given you, without forgetting your portion of the world. And do good as Allah has been good to you. And do not seek to cause corruption in the earth. Allah does not love corrupter s." (28:76-77)

These same people of faith gave advise to some of the members of their own tribe who were inclined to Karun, and warned them to retain the nobility of a believer in their conduct, and never to prefer the temporary pleasures of this world over the mercy of Allah.

...Those who desired the life of the world said, "Oh! If only we had the same as Karun has been given! What immense good fortune he possesses." But those who had been given knowledge said, "Woe to you! Allah's reward is better for those who believe and act rightly. But only the steadfast will obtain it." (28:79-80)

The main reason why Karun went astray was his belief that he was possessed with "knowledge." In other words, he had the boastful attitude that he was superior to other people.

He said, "I have only been given it because of knowledge I have." Did he not know that before him Allah had destroyed generations with far greater strength than his and far more possessions? The evildoers will not be questioned about their sins.
    (28: 78)

Nevertheless, in the end, Karun's arrogance brought him nothing but harm. He brought great torment upon himself by being unwisely ungrateful to Allah, and arrogantly believing that all his possessions were earned of his own accord. Karun finally came to realize that he was a feeble and helpless servant of Allah, when his possessions, which had made him so boastful, were completely destroyed by Allah.

It is also narrated that when Karun came out in his glitter and pride, he passed by a gathering in which Musa was admonishing his people. When people saw him, they turned towards Karun looking at his glory Moses asked Karun what had prompted him to do so. He said: “O Musa! If you have been favored over me with Prophet-hood , I have been favored over you with wealth. And if you like we could go to a particular place and then you could invoke the Divine curse against me, and I could do the same against you.

So Prophet Musa and Karun went with their people, and Musa said to him: “Would you invoke first or shall I do so before you.?” Karun said: “I will invoke first.” And when he had invoked the Divine curse, it was not accepted against Musa. Then Musa said to him: “Shall I invoke now.?” Karun said: “Yes,”. Prophet Musa said: “O Allah! Command the earth so that it could obey me today.” Then Prophet Musa said: “O earth! Get them,” and so the earth sank them up to their feet. Then he said: “Take them,’ and the earth sank them up to their knees, then up to their shoulders. Then Musa said: “O earth! Bring their wealth and treasures,” and so the earth brought them. Then Musa said gesturing his hand: “Swallow these Levitates in", and so they were sunk into it.

Quran;

WE caused the earth to swallow up both him and his house. There was no group to come to his aid against Allah, and he was not someone who is helped. (28:81)

What befell Karun was a warning, and an event from which those around him, as well as succeeding generations, were to draw lessons from. Those who sympathized with him immediately realized that what they had desired so dearly was actually temporary and ultimately worthless. They recognized that those who boast of their possessions and wealth can never attain salvation, and that they will eventually have to give account for their deeds.

Those who had longed to take his place the day before woke up saying, "Allah expands the provision of any of His servants He wills or restricts it. If Allah had not shown great kindness to us, we would have been swallowed up as well. Ah! Truly the unbelievers are not successful." (28:82)

The story of Karun clearly illustrates for us that Allah does not bestow his mercy on those who are arrogant because of their wealth and possessions, and who consider themselves to be wiser or more knowledgeable than others. In the Qur'an, Allah also gives us examples from other peoples of the past. Many civilizations of the past had attained great success and material wealth. Yet, all these civilizations were obliterated from the face of the earth. Allah took back the souls of these people, who had thought themselves to be the rulers of the earth, and reduced their glorious palaces to ruins.

Possessions should not be desired for pleasure and ostentation only. We need to keep in mind that Allah puts humans to test by their possessions as well. These possessions bring enjoyment to people as long as they are used to earn the good pleasure of Allah. Karun, for instance, ended up in misery, despite his measureless wealth. The story of Karun is indeed a warning for all generations, both past and present.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

In the Name of God,the Most Beneficent,the Ever Merciful!

Prophet Musa repeated his demand that Pharaoh release the children of Israel from slavery. In response, Pharaoh called his subjects, including the children of Israel, to a huge gathering where he reminded them that he was their lord and provided all their needs. Musa, he said, had no gold amulets nor angels following him; he was just a poor man.

Being a people who had been oppressed for a very long time, they lacked vision. Their judgment were limited to what they could see in the material world. They regarded their ruler to be wealthy and able to provide all their worldly needs. In ignorance, they obeyed Pharaoh and ignored Musa's call. Allah commanded Musa to warn Pharaoh of a punishment in this world for his faithlessness and his persecution of the children of Israel. As a portent of the punishment which Allah would meet out, the Nile did not flood its banks to soak the dry land as it normally did. As a result, crops failed, leading to famine. However Pharaoh remained arrogant, so Allah caused a huge flood, which devastated the land.

As often as they were troubled grievously, they appealed to Prophet Musa thus: "O Musa! Invoke your Lord for us because of His Promise to you. IF you will remove the punishment from us, we indeed shall believe in you, and we shall let the children of Israel go with you." (7:134 Quran)

Musa prayed to his Lord and HE relived the suffering caused by the flood. The surging water ceased and withdrew from the land, and it became cultivatable. But when Musa bade them to fulfill their promise to release the children of Israel, they did not respond.

Then Allah sent swarms of locusts which ate whatever corps they had grown. The people hurried to Musa, asking him to invoke Allah to remove this affliction and promising they would send the children of Israel with him this time. The locusts departed, but they did not fulfill their promise.

Then another sign came, the sign of lice, which spread amongst the Egyptians, carrying diseases. Their refuge to Musa and their promise to him was repeated. His prayer to Allah was repeated and so, too, their breach of promise, as usual.

A sign of frogs was revealed. The land suddenly filled with frogs. They jumped on the food of the Egyptians, shared their houses, and distressed them greatly. The Egyptians went to Musa again, promising him to release the children of Israel. He prayed to his Lord, and Allah relieved them of the problem of the frogs, but they again broke their promise.

Then the last sign was revealed, the sign of blood. The Nile water was changed into blood. When Musa and his people drank the water, it was, for them, ordinary water. However, if any Egyptian filled his cup with the water, he discovered his cup full of blood. They hurried to Musa as usual, but as soon as everything returned to normal, they turned their backs on Allah.

Almighty Allah says in the Glorious Quran;

And indeed WE punished the people of Pharaoh with years of drought, and shortness of fruits (crops, etc.), that they mighty remember and take heed. But whenever good came to them, they said: "Ours is this." And if evil athem, they ascribed it to evil omens connected with Musa and those with him. Be informed! Verily, their evil omens are with Allah but most of them know not. They said to Musa: "Whatever signs you may bring to us, to work therewith your sorcery on us, we shall never believe in you." So WE sent on them: the flood, the locusts, the lice, the frogs, and the blood: (as a succession of) manifest signs, yet they remained arrogant, and they were of those people who were guilty. (7:130-133 Quran)

"But when We removed the punishment from them to a fixed term, which they had to reach, behold! They broke their word! (7:135 Quran)

1 person likes this.
  10. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

In the Name of God,the Most Beneficent,the Ever Merciful !

It appeared that Pharaoh would never believe in Prophet Musa' s message, nor would he stop the torture of the children of Israel.

There is a limit to the revelations a nation is to receive. Allah warns people through HIS books, HIS messengers or HIS faithful servants. All humans are invited to believe in the existence and oneness of the Creator, and to obey HIM. This communication may last for many years. However, in the Sight of Allah, there is always a predetermined limit to this process. To those who persist in denial, there will be a torment while here in this world, and which extends into eternity in the Hereafter.

Before this affliction began, Allah commanded the Prophet Musa (pbuh) to lead the Children of Israel out of the Egypt.

Allah says in the Glorious Quran;

We revealed to Musa: "Travel with Our servants by night. You will certainly be pursued." (26 : 52)

And Musa said: "O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in HIM if you are Muslims (Muslim=who submit to Allah's Will)."

In compliance with the command of Allah, the Prophet Musa (pbuh) and his people secretly left Egypt.
    In the darkness of night, Musa led his people.

Somehow Pharaoh came to know about their flight and it was entirely unacceptable to him. He always saw himself as the sole master of all the Children of Israel. Therefore, he immediately mobilized his army and set out after the Children of Israel.

By the time the Children of Israel had reached near shore of the Red-Sea, Pharaoh and his soldiers had caught up with them.

Panic and despair engulfed some of the people of Bani-Israel when they saw Pharaoh and his soldiers approaching. Pharaoh and his soldiers were within just a short distance.

There was no room to escape. These people thought they were trapped.

Quran:

And when the two hosts came into sight of one another Musa's companions said, "We will surely be overtaken!"
    (26: 61)

At that very moment, the way the Prophet Moses (pbuh) conducted himself is an example for all believers. He made those who despaired of Allah's help never to lose faith in the help of Allah.

Quran:

Prophet Musa said, "Never! Verily! My Lord is with me and HE will guide me." (26 : 62)

At that moment Allah revealed to Musa: "Strike the sea with your staff!" Prophet Musa did as he was commanded. Miraculously, within a flash; Allah parted the waters of the sea leaving a dry path in the middle and crests of the waves standing like mountains on each side.

Indeed, Glorified is the God...our Creator.

Insha-Allah,To be Continued...!

moses_parting_the_red_sea.jpg

1 person likes this.