1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stopped Breast Feeding at 15 month!

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by stalin4d, Feb 5, 2014.

1. stalin4d

stalin4d Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    my kid is 15months old, this week only i stopped feeding her, but during day time she is quite ok, but during night time she is terrible crying a lot and makes me so sad and pitty, sometimes my mind says to give atleast, but my mother says not to give.

well i have few question you can answer Pls;

1. Does sudden stoppage of BF is harm does it affect me in future? Is it good to stop breast feeding at 15month, or we can continue?

2. I feel paining in my breasts, is there any remedy/Medicines or how can we overcome?

3 How many days it will take to stop completely, sometimes during shower when i press or squeeze, that time the milk comes out, so like to know when will the milk get completely dry?

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Stalin
    yes to me personally 15months sounds a little too early for weaning.Usually it is recommended when child has switched to other foods or when the child refuses to eat anything solid.
    But now that you have taken this decision,stick to it.
    If possible make your child sleep on your DH's side.And also give your child milk/water in a sipper or bottle when he/she wakes up at night.

About the pain in breasts after weaning then dont worry it is just normal.Try placing cabbage leaves on them till they wilt.This helps in drying milk faster.Even jasmine flowers work fine.
    It'll take 2-3weeks atleast for the milk to dry up completely.