1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Stitching alterations please

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sleela, Aug 20, 2006.

1. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

my cousin stitched a chudidar for her dauhter for hip measurement, 1/4 of 34 +1), but the hip was so tight, how many inches extra to be taken?
    for the chest measurement 1/4 0f 36 + 1, even that was so tight, here also how many inches extra to be taken?
    one more pl..... for top, side opening on both sides where exactly the opening should be, at the hip or at the waist or mid of the above ? pl if someone help me it will be useful to others too.......

Thanks,
    Leela........

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Leela,
    the opening for the top (Kameez) should be 3 or 4 inches below the waist normally. For fat people, if the opening is at the waist itself, it will look good.
    Measure the person, if possible and add 2 inches extra and cut. Then stitch at the extra 1 inch (the 1 inchis for seam). It depends on how loose fitting you want your dress to be. Some people wear tight fitting dresses, and some loose.
    For the salwar (bottom) some extra will not do any harm, as we wear the kameez over it.
    I do not go by the measurement method, I stitch according to the peron's physique. I myself of fat, but very short. If the measurement method is used, the dress will be very long for me.
    And some people will be very thin with broad shoulders, some may have a larger bust size but otherwise thin frame and so on. So it is better to stitich according to the person.
    Hope this had been of some help. Pl let me know the result.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

3. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

Thanks a lot

Dear Varloo,

was out of station.........saw your reply only today....do hope your tips for chudidar will help.......shall tell my cousin to stitch as u told......be in touch with u after her trial....very.....very......sorry for not replying to u......once again thanks........

Leela......

4. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

Thanks again

Dear Varloo,

My cousin had replied that your guidelines to stitch a chudidar worked very well..........thanks for your tips..............

Leela..

5. mathse

mathse New IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai mathse,
    I visited the site. But it is not possible to register in the site . Please help.

7. mathse

mathse New IL'ite

Hai varloo

i have send by personnel message how to register at that site. have you got it ?
    bye

8. nals2002

nals2002 New IL'ite

alterations

Dear Stella,

Hi and hope tis keeps you in the best of your spirits and health.

Primarily for chudidar always the measurements should be taken as 1/4 chest plus 4 inches and like wise for the rest.

Bye

Nalini

1 person likes this.
  9. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

help pl

dear nalini,

saw ur thread reg chudi, i stitched one ( 1/4 of chest + 4" )..... mine is 9''+4" but it was a bit loose, can u pl tell me for a bit tight fitting......also if u don't mind pl tell me another point....... for top i know it is ( 1/2 armhole -1 )..but for sleeve some say it is same as for top.....but others say it is ( 1/2 armhole +1) ..really confused as to which is correct meaurement..i'll be very thankful if u could help me....sorry for the trouble....

Leela...

1 person likes this.
  10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai leelal,
    you can stitch a little closer to tighten the dress.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007