1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sting Operations on News Channels

Discussion in 'TV' started by Nagma, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Sting operation's synonym is Headache:shock: . It started a few years back with Tahelka tapes in which many politicians were shown taking bribe. Then all the news channels caught up this method. A few months back Shakti Kapoor and Aman Verma were shown behaving mischievously with girls on India TV. A lot of hue and cry was made on the style of functioning of India TV. Just a few days back Star News and Aaj Tak showed nexus of Bollywood stars and underworld Don Dawood Ibrahim.

The film stars are being made soft target and it is very interesting to watch the film stars. This hypes the TRP rating of the channel. Do you all agree with this?

2. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Sting operation is good if ethical

In my opinion sting operations conducted by the TV news channels are good if they are ethical. Recently I saw a sting operation against police officers, how they act like hired killers. They took supari from a news reporter to kill an unknown and innocent person. The attrocities of police was nicely shown. It would not have been possible to show it without a hidden camera.

Keep it up!!!:clap

3. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Sometimes it's interesting

I remember a few months ago, all the news channels showed kissing scenes of Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor. They were discussing it whether it is ethical to show it, but on the corner of the screen they were showing the kissing scene of Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. It is indeed very interesting to watch these scenes. But on the other side it is immoral for the media to intervene into the private life of celebrities just for their rating purpose.