1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stepping Stones

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

No comments gurugale….Very much true!!
    my concern is if individuals like Nitin don't change their attitude forever we will end up seeing many chitra's that doesn't mean chitra shld die with this idiot but there shld be some solution for this. :) Formal education alone will not suffice. :( Bidi u remember that saying in kannada "Nayi bala donkku";) Likewise certain traits are not easily changeable. :BangHead:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Adharv,
    Mere education will not bring in wisdom. Real wisdom is not linked to IQ but EQ. In schools, instead of History and Geography being major subjects, I would suggest children should be educated on gender equality, handling interpersonal relationships, respecting other's personal spaces, better moral values etc and importance should be given to life skills. This would naturally help children develop better EQ. If a person has higher EQ, he will naturally be good in morals, interpersonal skills, empathy etc.

Hmm...we still have a long way to go. Instead of working towards curbing sexual harassment and making the world a better place, people prefer to segregate genders and trivialise women's issues. Our society needs a huge change!

ratan likes this.
  3. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Well said. I want to add a point. Obviously a child can learn moral values at school. Bt before going to school he or she learns much more from family environment and parents. In school teachers can teach from books, not from behavior. Child's tender mind & intellect works on visibility . He always confused in the paradox of vision & verbosity. So first of all family hv to set moral examples then school, teachers and curriculum are responsible. As Adharv said some traits are not changeable , i agree. So make them stepping stone and move forward.

periamma, Adharv and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

Dear Ratan,

Agree with your POV.

I mentioned school, to pass on a common/uniform message. Every family has it's own definition of rights and wrongs and human natures again interfere. While in a school since there would be a definite curricula, same lesson without any ambiguity could be passed on. Ultimately raising a responsible generation is our responsibility.:) Let us do it.:thumbup:

ratan and Adharv like this.
  5. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Geetha I loved your story. You had beautifully explained how women are exploited in the name of love in any field.

I know you are an excellent writer and so am being honest in my views here. Actually I expected more in this story setting and wanted To see the world of artists. It was a little disappointing thats all. Hope you take it in the right spirit. Sorry if my views hurt you.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

7. GeetaKashyap

There is nothing to feel bad about your fb and I respect your POV.Thanks for this Frank fb, dear HP.

Here the plot was to analyse this broken marriage and still send out a positive message that there is life beyond. Life of an artist was simply at the backdrop. Okay, let me write a story dealing with lighter moments of an artist next. :)

Adharv and HazelPup like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Today finished reading remaining two parts..Story flow was awesome. Chitra's pure love failed to find fault with Nitin. My POV A woman is responsible for the disaster of another woman.

GeetaKashyap and Adharv like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Some people are like stepping stones and lay at the same place one who step on the stones to reach the height very fast get severe damage as there are chances to stumble down .

GeetaKashyap and Adharv like this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

Dear Periamma,
    Thanks for sparing your time and reading this story. I appreciate your POV.