1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stepping Stones

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

Dear Geetha,
    happy u liked the movie.
    when gayathri rejected his advance his ego made him change from a trustworthy friend to a betrayer. he tells micheal that he and gayathri had an affair and micheal had used only prusssian blue color to paint.

since gayathri couldnt afford buying colors and brushes she had given him the prussian blue paints which she got from abhi.

Gayathri feels that in everybody 's life there is a no returning point and once its reached we have to silently accept it and move on and thats the only way we have to live.

do read this review of the movie
    “Artist”-a malayalam film by Shyamprasad Rajagopal

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepika,

Thanks a million.:worship2:

I knew that I had missed the most crucial part of the film. The review on the link you provided explains the movie well. I am able to appreciate this sensitive film even more now. It showcased the eccentricity of an artist excellently.

I could see parallels in Stepping Stones! Thank you once again.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Geets,
    Your story reminds me of sudha murthy’s ‘ Gently falls the bakula’....
    The lady in the story is talented and loves history, but after marriage her aspirations and ambitions take a back seat....

I love the way you narrate....

GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

I haven't read that work by Sudha Murthy; I shall catch up, thanks for the reference.

Nandu, thanks for your feedback.

5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Read entire story in one sitting. It may be a story bt it is a reflection of our society. I wonder why a woman always sacrifice & compromise to save family? Man always take her for granted and use her because she allowed him to be use willingly or sometimes unwillingly. Wonderful narration of man & woman psychology. :clap2::clap2:

shravs3 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Yes. One of my favorate novel. Must read for all , specially for women.

nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Thanks a lot, dear Ratan, for understanding my intent and for giving an appreciative feedback.

I think:
    We women grow up considering ourselves less than men. Our society, even now, puts the onus for our happiness and security concerns on us and tends to be kind or lenient towards men. In many fbs even here on IL, often we see women advising the other stressed women to be caring towards DH, consider his stress factors etc before demanding any co-operation from him and so on, indirectly belittling her concerns like the womanly discomforts, child care concerns, travel woes to work place, emotional needs and demanding domestic duties. This is a part of our social conditioning. Perhaps it may take ages for women to be able to think of themselves equal to men and to accept (without any guilt) that they too need some pampering and 'me time'. unfortunately, women's position was always vulnerable and precarious. Even though women are in better circumstances now, they have to double or triple their work to ensure a 'happy marriage', financial security and professional satisfaction.Well that's how the society is!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    nandinimithun, shravs3 and ratan like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

I shall read it at the earliest. Thanks.

nandinimithun and ratan like this.
  9. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

I agree with you abt our conditioning. Bt we are not a robot that someone can use us according to their will.Its time to steal " me time" not to seek.:shakehead: I see in lower class, women get rid of burdened marriage. Problem and social pressure is in middle or upper middle class inspite of financial independency. I think dormant and dominant factor is woman herself. How can a woman spoil another woman's life enviously. Its a demand of time, She has to fight her own battle courageously and empathise and give mental support to other woman.

nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

In our society, divorce is still a difficult step to take. So, to stay in a marriage, most women submit themselves to ill-treatment and resign to their fate. Often the well-being of kids and the societal backlash is another worry that stops most women and a few men from dissolving marriages.

A friend of mine always compares the rich and the poor to the 2 open ends of a ring. They are similar, free to do whatever they want, their societies are forgiving and less judgmental. The middle class is stuck in between and it takes upon itself to uphold the moral and culture of the society and hence suffers!

[​IMG]