1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Step frock for your toddler

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by artvani, Dec 7, 2011.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

VANI MAM, neat explanation with suitable photos. hats off to ur effort.

andal

2. shazia34

shazia34 New IL'ite

hi mam .
    frock and pattern are beautiful.frock made for eight years old .buy clothes then start making for daughter
    is it right for eight years .

3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vani mam,

Good to know your mom is recovering and doing well. My prayers for her speedy recovery.

As usual your tutorial is exceptional. With your instructions i stitched a frock with petal sleeves in a overlapping bodice. As camera was not ok I couldn't post the photo yet. Will soon do it. Now I will try this one. This is a very nice one. I remember my mom stitched one full length dress with step frills when I was 12 yrs old.

I think cotton material will not suit for this type. What kind of material would you suggest?

Regards
    Manjukps

4. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi shazia
    you can stitch this for 8 year old children also.
    Hi manjukps, My mother is fine.Happy to know that you were able to stitch petal sleeve.My effort did did not go in vain.

5. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vani ma'am,

Firstly, sorry that I could not respond as promptly as you did.....and secondly, nice to hear that your mother is doing well now.....

Its unfortunate that you are not taking any classes, but I just happened to notice one video tutorial of yours for canadian smocking....then it striked me that maybe you can try to offer video classes in similar way even for stitching. Of course, that would mean someone has to help you taking video, but just my idea....wanted to share...Even though you say that you do not go to computer class, the way you offer details regarding stitching , measurements, diagrams are very neat. Nowadays it has become a habit for me to look forward to something new from Vani ma'am in your blog or through this forum. Please continue to inspire us ! And please do think through offering your tips through videos. I know of one more person who used to do video tutorials for crochet, now that site is a big hit. So similar way you have so much of knowledge, and would love to have it shared through the latest technology :)

Cheers !!!

6. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    My grandson has helped me to take those videos.He has grownup and busy in his studies.no one to help me:-( so I must be satisfied with my paint net or I should try to take the videos on my own:?:

1 person likes this.
  7. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

OK Vani ma'am...no issues. I just thought to give my suggestion, as I felt the video was very useful. Likewise, for topics which maybe difficult to keep in writing or drawing, video tutorial maybe a good medium of instruction! Otherwise also, its really a big job done by you even at this age !!! Hats off to you :)

8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Vani, I nominated this thread for the finest post...

9. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vani frock is superb and glad to know the instructions. Congratulations your post is nominated