1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Step 1 : Back to Basics - Water

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by geetadamle, Nov 3, 2010.

1. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

In this series of posts I want each one of us to become an expert in the first step before proceeding to the next step. Reading books on diet in one day or watching 100 videos and then saying "I'll start strict dieting from tomorrow".. This attitude never works. I have been through all the fancy diets in this world, right from GM diet to no rice diet and you know this yourself too that they don't last long.

Look at kids.. They first learn their alphabets and words before proceeding towards spellings or sentences. We should be doing just the same. Follow step one each and every day until you make it a habit, a part of your lifestyle, an involuntary activity (just like breathing or heartbeat) and love doing it. Only then proceed to the next step. In each of my post I will keep reminding you of the previous steps, so that you can keep a check on yourself. Remember, do not proceed to the next step unless you are an expert in step one. That's it. :)

Let's start with the most important aspect: WATER

As kids we all have learnt from our science books about functions water performs in our bodies, percentage of water in the body, why we should drink water, how much water we should drink. What is the use of learning if we don't follow what we learn?

Apart from all the theory that we all have learnt... I personally have found many changes in my body when I started drinking water.
    1. No bad breath
    2. Glowing, Soft skin, no chapped lips or heels
    3. Clean bowels
    4. Lots of Energy
    5. Understood the difference between thirst and hunger
    6. Help in losing weight
    7. Lesser Hair Fall
    Need I say more?

How much water should we drink?

There are lots of numbers available on the internet. But frankly speaking I just believe that you must drink as much water that makes your urine look clear to very pale yellow.
    It may sound crazy, but be your best judge and check the color of your urine daily.

Simple thing to follow is drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up and a glass of water before each meal/snack and a glass of water before going to bed.
    Don't we all wash hands or at least hold a spoon in our hand before starting to eat? Just like that drink a glass of water before putting any food in your mouth.

I always carry a bottle of water with me wherever I go, at bedside during the night. I like to keep water readily available so that I don't find any excuses to not drinking water.

Don't just drink water when you feel thirsty. And don't stop just at 1 or 2 sips. Drink at least a small glass at a time. Believe me in no time you will be drinking more water before even realizing.

PS : By water I mean simple plain filtered water, nothing fancy. Fruit juices, sodas, wine, alcohol, any aerated drinks or any other liquids cannot replace water.

- Cheers :thumbsup
    Geeta
    What is your number today? How many glasses of water did you drink today?

2. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

Hi geeta,what you said is right.we have make it a habit eat right and exercise only that can help us in long run.I drink very little water.always my mother used to be after me to drink.daily i think of doing it but somwhow manage giving excuses...for not drinking.from today let me try again:thumbsup

3. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

Really a good start. I will start from now itself your formula of drinking water. Thank you.

Ramavyasarajan

4. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika and Ramavyasarajan,
    Thanks for reading my post. Hope you are having enough water daily :)
    -Geeta