1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Staying with inlaws compromises/wht should be expected?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pattumom, Jan 24, 2013.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Hi,

My inlaws are coming abroad to stay with us for 6 months/ take care of my 3 month old. I agree that they are coming upon our invitation to help with the new born. I am looking for job/ at home currently to be precise.

Please let know what all should be expected. What are the compromises. How to handle kitchen work/house hold chores/ looking after baby/ job hunting with them. What all should I do reg house hold/kitchen work.

I dont want to hurt by husband by having misunderstanding with them.

2. pooja087

pooja087 Senior IL'ite

i have come across u r questn when i came to so some search for me.... i learned something which i culd help u out.... as far as u r concerns u r husband also seems like attached to his parents.... first giv him an impression tht u r not getting work from u r mil inspite of taking care of u r baby.... say infront of u r husband dnt allow any work from u r mil if she get something for u say like "i will take it anuty".... "u plz be sitted if u get anything" liek tht..... after he goes to office get work from thm without knowing thm like.... for tiffin make some dosa for her and say like u will prepare lunch and ask her to take care of the baby.... at noon time just say u r not feeling well and go to bed.... so tht she will also think u r not wantedly taking rest..... no one can survive by being true and loyal to in laws....

1 person likes this.
  3. navyar

navyar Gold IL'ite

tell something about the nature of your in-laws like whether they are good/ok-ok/dominating & interfering etc.,

How unbiased and right is your H's thinking when it comes to his parents??

4. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

My ml sometimes comes to stay with us frm india for 4 or 6 month, i treated my mil like a friend..we shared the housewrk...i did the hard jobs and let her do easy jobs like cooking or looking aftr lil one....do not pretend to do one thing in front of ur dh and another behind his back as this can cause fights. Sit and talk it thru...u do wat ur age allows u and let ur mil wat her age lets her do...but do it all respectfully as u dnt wana getin the bad books of any1. Mil are not as bad as ppl make thm out to be....

6 people like this.
  5. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

could nt stop smiling.. this is my in-laws technique on me

2 people like this.
  6. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

Same with mine...

1 person likes this.
  7. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Good luck to you OP

8. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Am sure some one will give you some more useful tips. It is better to give them a seperate space / bedroom to have their own personal space. Make some room for them in a closet/wardrobe for their day-to-day wears as well.

Try and do not depend on your in-laws too much for help.

9. lovelydove

lovelydove New IL'ite

inlaws mostly mums don't get along too easy with their son's wife. vice versa. in my own case i see my hubby in them so i try my best to accommodate with an uncompromising love

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Please be open minded, to begin with. Dont think inlaws are coming. Think that your husband's parents are coming and it should be a pleasant experience for all. They are invited by you, so make them feel at home. Let us keep in mind that they are old and they want to enjoy some time with family. So dont keep a particular mindset in the beginning...just go with the flow. Divide the chores between you and your husband. See how much she is helping and what she is comfortable doing.

2 people like this.