1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Looking to Get Fit and Lose Weight in 2018? : Find your Weight Loss Buddy
    Dismiss Notice

static electricity

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by april1981, Jan 14, 2012.

  1. april1981

    april1981 Gold IL'ite

    Messages:
    721
    Likes Received:
    258
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Gender:
    Female
    HI
    ha anyone experienced shocks due to static electricity during winter.
     
    Loading...

  2. Nallaanlakshmi

    Nallaanlakshmi Bronze IL'ite

    Messages:
    108
    Likes Received:
    46
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Gender:
    Female
    Yes!! we live in Tennessee state US and in peak winter when ever we go out we do experience it . especially when we touch metals like when we try to get into car by opening the door we do experience it.
     
  3. orion80

    orion80 Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    2,648
    Likes Received:
    552
    Trophy Points:
    233
    Gender:
    Female
    Yup... many times :)

    This happens mainly when i feel very dehydrated and while wearing synthetic clothes. So i drink lots of water and avoid synthetic clothes as much as i can.
     
  4. april1981

    april1981 Gold IL'ite

    Messages:
    721
    Likes Received:
    258
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Gender:
    Female
    but I get a shcok if I touch my daughter as well. we both experince shock at the same time. touching a metal and getting a shock is alright. does it happen with human to human touch also.
     
  5. priya4prabhu

    priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    987
    Likes Received:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Always... thats why its call static... human is also a good electric conductor like metal..
     
  6. kishoremommy

    kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,606
    Likes Received:
    2,999
    Trophy Points:
    283
    Gender:
    Female
    Yes,it happened to me last winter.I was pregnant at that time and my skin was very dry during that winter season.I was wearing synthetic slippers at home.My elder son kissed me and experienced it first.Then,whomever I touched felt the shock.

    On touching grill gates,door knob,cellphone,knife I felt it.When combing my hair I heard electric sounds from my plastic comb.A neighbor came to our house to borrow a CD and when I gave her,she felt the shock and was really scared.

    When I light fire in gas stove using a lighter I experienced shock.When I consulted my doctor,he was making fun of me telling "We will give an advertisement in news paper as "adhisaya pen".

    On browsing the net,I finally found out about static electricity.That too mainly due to my synthetic slippers.
     

Share This Page