1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

State Of Confusion...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Samantha111, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Samantha111

Samantha111 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the encouraging words...Yes!!..I am taking care of myself..He is travelling right now. He has gone to Chicago on an official trip..he will be there for a month..Since he is not at home..I feel like a single mom..I have to take care of my kid and other household stuff.. I feel I am happier when he is not around..I have started going out on morning walks..I try and take my daughter to the mall everyday whenever possible...I am trying to be more active. But the routine will break once he will be back..he will start taunting me..teasing me and at times he will make jokes and try and make me laugh...his intentions are not nice but he pretends to be very sweet from outside...he forced me to stop working and now when I tell him that he didnt let me work coz he doesnt accept it. He will never accept that he was ever wrong. he will pull me down in front of his parents..he would show that he is suffering in this marriage..he would tell his relatives that I am lazy and I cant take care of the house and when no body is around he wil be all lovey dovey..I hate such pretentious behaviour..why cant he be the same..why cant he tell me if he has a problem wi me...I dont now how to be all happy and nice with such a person...but yeah you are right..I have to just think about myself and my kid at the moment and nothin else.I am applying everywhere and I am hoping that I wil get a job soon :)

2. Samantha111

Thanks for your post..It is very encouraging..I feel so nice when i am on this forum and this is like therapy..I write stuff that I cant discuss with anyone and i get good feedback from all the ladies here..It is amazing ..>>i was really feeling very low when I wrote that post..but since I am trying to be active ..I feel a lot better..plus he is on a business trip..so there is no tension at home for now.he would keep traveling and he gets to stay at the best of the places and me and my kid are confined to this area. he doesnt take us out to fancy places....I feel sad that I sacrificed so much for this non sense..I have become a beggar..he gives just enough money to manage the house..nothing exta..I dont get enough money to even go to the parlor for basic things....I feel so depressed that I just dont feel like doing anything and I feel like crying the whole time.he would not pay for the daycare..he sends money to India coz he says his parents are his responsibility....But i am looking for a job..the day I will get a job..I wil put my kid in a day care..I know he will create problems but this time..I hope I am able to cope up with his dramas.

3. Samantha111

Hi, Thanks for the post..You are right..he is manipulative...his parents support him completely...he uses drama to get what he wants ..and I give in to his demands coz I hate the scene that he creates...if I dont do what he asks me to do..he calls up my parents...he starts crying in front of them..he would call my relatives and start doing dramas in front of them..He tries to show them that he is working hard to make the ends meet and I dont understand and support him..he shows me in a bad light...I started working last time and he would purposely be very late and then he would tell everybody that wife doesnt care about the kid and poor kid doesnt get the love from mom coz mom is having a good time in office..he would every day make a big scene when I am getting ready to go to work...then he called his parents...I used to get up everyday at 6 ...prepare food for everyone..then I used to leave for work..and then I used to come home and prepare tea and food for everyone..then I used to put my kid to bed..and then I used to clean all the utensils and then I used to go to sleep..I was soo tired and exhausted....they used to eat all the food and they used to leave very little for me..I used to sleep hungry so many times...Then they used to pretend that they care for me and act all innocent..MY MIL used to tel me.." Oh! there is no food left for you..Cook something else fast dont sleep hungry" I finally left my job..The only time I could work peacefully was when My Mom was here..I worked and I even got a promotion. But now..My parents dont come anymore coz he disrespects them.

I am allowed to work in US but I am not able to find a job here...Trying my best..

4. Samantha111

Thanks for the suggestion...I really want to go to a counsellor but I cant gather the courage to go and talk my heart out to a stranger...

5. Samantha111

I get what you are saying..Trying to be active...I feel depressed and disinterested ..I dont feel like going out but I am forcing my self to make changes..I have sarted going on morning walks and I even take my kid to the mall every now and then just to be out and get some fresh air.

6. Samantha111

Thanks for the post..yes! I am in US. He hit me once when we were out and someone called the cops..the police asked me if he hit me and I told them no..they gave him a warning and they let us go. now he doesnt hit me but at times he will come really near me and act as if he is coming to slap me..I told him that I will call the cops the next time he does that..but he doesnt care when he is angry.I have a work permit but I dont have money for the day care and he would not give me the money for a daycare..he tells me that he doesnt have money..I feel so sad and depressed. At times..all that I want to do is just keep crying but I undertsand that I have to help my self here and no one can do that for me.

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

He dont want you to be independent. Let him tell everyone what he want. Focus on your job hunting. Create your own account next time
    Dont you have any savings from last job?Ask for more money for monthly expenses and save some money. Be very smart. You can

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Oh my god. i do not understand . Why are feeding a adult kid. all these walking , taking care of yourself are like taking medicine for fever and at the same time harming yourself with more infections.

fix your cause. Your H cries to your parents, his parents for his stupid tantrums. Let him cry. It does not look shamefull at all on your side, it is shamefull on his side a man.

what will happen if you eat at the same time as your in laws. when you said you have work permit, i assume green card. what the worst will happen if you do not give up for his tantrums.

kid did not come out of its own. it both of you and your h child. he has responsibility.

problem is you have fed his tantrums for years, now he takes it for granted.

you want to come out of depression, slowly ( not immediately ) stop treating him like a baby. what the worst can happen. he won't give money. he needs food right. that is not free. how long.

If he complaints to relatives, let him.

listen i am not asking you to provoke him , but asking you to stop treating him like a kid.
    goto any counselling, nothing will happen. because he will keep destroying your emotional state .

regarding job

what is your qualification. IT .

sneha1985 likes this.
  9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

it makes me wonder, how do even people get love marriage. just a man goes and give flowers and smile , girls are stuck out.

10. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Unfortunately there are men who thinks everything after marriage is woman's responsibility. Be it the household chores or kids. Have noticed that this is very common in guys with narcissist personality. Very rare they change their mentality.

OP, as @lavani mentioned, coming out of depression will be a slow process. If he is crying to your parents, I hope you have informed your parents that whatever he is telling them is not true. Try to take help from parents if possible. Based on personal experience, there will be times when even your parents might not understand you or might ask you to make it work. Try getting out of the house and spending time in open. Try talking to people around... this might be easy if you living in apt community... when you go for a walk in apt community, exchange smile with others and ask them how are they doing. My neighbor lives alone and she has made many friends by same technique and then slowly she increases talking with them. Now I see her talking to a person for 30-45mins who was stranger to her before. Try some DIY projects if that's of an interest. Visit some craft stores around like Joann's or Michaels and sometimes in their clearance section you will find some cheap items for crafts or you can watch some craft videos on youtube and then decide what you wanna work on.

I have the same question of qualification - IT? Probably gap on your resume might be making it difficult to find a job. I am from computer science/IT field and can share links for job search resources if needed. You can maybe also work on some personal projects related to your field which would also help on your resume.