Sri Sadaiudaiyar Temple

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by paanzaa, Nov 23, 2008.

1. hpadmini82

hpadmini82 New IL'ite

our family deity is also sadai udaiyar. but my father was telling all these days that sadaiudayar is sivan. when we went this year, the temple preist told us that sadaiudayar is ayyapan. Can you clarify this please?

2. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Sri Sadaiudaiyar is Bala jadathari ( a small boy with matted hairlocks)Sastha with a dhandam in his hands. If you would watch the photo closely, he is with Sri RajaRajeswari (Ponnunchadachi- golden haired goddess) and Icha and Kriya Sakthi (BadraKali).

Interestingly, the elephant of Sastha is in front of the Ganapathy in the temple.

3. hpadmini82

hpadmini82 New IL'ite

but is it sivan or ayyappan?

4. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Bala Sastha (Ayyappan)

5. vrshankar

vrshankar New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am from Chennai, currently in abroad. Because of which, i am unable to visit the temple as and when I wish. I would request you to kindly post the Photo of Sadaiudaiyar so that I can atleast keep it in my mail box and see when ever I feel like. The below website of the temple trust is not working: <CITE>swamisadaiudayar.org</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE><CITE></CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>It would be very helpful if u can do.</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>Thanks in advance </CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>Regards</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>Ravi</CITE>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Paanza, Sadaiudayar is our kuladeivam (Husband's side). As ladies are not allowed i have never been there. Thanks for sharing the goddess picture. Is there any photo of the temple (outside gopuram) too with you? Do they allow to take photos of the deities?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

There is no gopuram of the temple...only vimanam. This is a pen vazhi kaani temple and the kula deivam becomes the deity of the family for both son and daughter when they get married.

8. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Your request heeded..see the photos.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. YagyaNarayanan

YagyaNarayanan New IL'ite

Dear Paanzaa Thanks for the information. I will be going to the temple this Sep 2011. Is there is any Shiva temple in Kiz Ambur ? Do you know who does the pooja for the temple from 1 - 15 of the month ? I would like to have their contact information. How do we pray daily Sri Sadaiudaiyar daily ? I have one more question - Why Sri Sadaiudaiyar has Gadandai in His hand ? - Thx Ravindran Ramanathan

10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

hi, is this temple near udayneri perumal kovil.. like 15 mts walk from the temple to the paddy fields...in between there is an amman temple also..
    i know there is a sastha near the paddy fields.. so was checking if sadaiudayar and sastha the same?