srardha karma for brahmins

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Mudikondan, May 26, 2010.

1. Mudikondan

Mudikondan New IL'ite

Dear Friends I have certain questions on srardha for phithrus.my father and mother died on same thithi same month same paksham buty ears are different.t father expired early in 1939 and mother in 1999 The purohit Makes me do every time in different way but I perform both srardhas every year .Should both srardhas be done with homa .@ if so whose srardh to be performed first.can I do one sardha as hiranyam and the other as anna srardham with homa.3 iIf both srardhas are to be doneshould there be seperate agni for each.
    next gyatha agyatha pithrus are who .We perform srardha because we know our pithrus (Mother?Father)where comes gyatha or agyatha pithru. if you say this manthra does it not cast aspersions on the charactor of our pithrus.
    I am putting this here becasuse the purohiths are not able to say that this how the srardha is practised . what is the truth and correct way

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Mudikondan,

Nice to see you here in IL... Your queries will be answered from now soon. All shradhas need to be done with homas i think. During each amavasai you can give thithi for both using some prohithars in seashore or some temple. During their death day u can do some pooja in home and give some offereings to purohits. This is what my relatives follows.

Keep posting in IL!!!!