1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

spring roll sheets has become dry

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by msuri, Jan 26, 2012.

1. msuri

msuri New IL'ite

my spring roll sheet has become dry,what should I do to make him again damp?
    thanks

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

From my experience, once they are dry that's it. It is best to use them up all at once after opening, or seal very well in a ziploc for a short period of time in the fridge. For the dried ones you can cut them in strips or triangles and deep fry them to make a chip.

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for that post and the reply ladies.

In a similar context...I bought filo pastry sheets sometime back. But there seemed to be too much flour between the pre-packed sheets. I could not dust them off and smearing it all with melted butter seemed like a fat idea. Cooking it as it is made the whole thing taste like dry flour. What can I do with it?

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

It's my understanding that phyllo sheets are always brushed with butter (lightly) before using. You see the oil involved because you are doing it but puff pastry and other good crusts all have fat. Just get a brush that will apply the melted butter thinly.

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks tashidelek2002...

I understand the applying butter part. I guess I let the sheet dry too much before I used it.

My question in this:
    Does it always come with as much flour between them? I bought it just the once, but it was all white between the sheets. I could not have made anything tasty with it.