Split Placenta Doubt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Caughtinbetween, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone ,

hope you all are doing good.
    I have a few doubts regarding the anamoly scan that happened recently during my 21st week. During the scan dr. said that he could not look at the baby's heart completely . The parts of heart he could look at were looking good but because of the baby's position he could not look in entirety .That it would need another scan . I am worried if things he could not look at during the first scan are of concern. I dont know what he could get and what he missed. He is going to do a fetal echo in next two weeks during which he will have a repeat look .

Second , dr. said my placenta has split into two (dual lobed ). Dr. took it very easy saying its nothing to worry about at all. However i read that it mostly occurs around previous/present fibroid site . I have had a big one removed few years back so kind of worried . Does a split placenta raises any risk to the baby .

Thank you all for your time .

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hi ! sorry i have no idea about the queries but if doctor has said it’s not of major concern , then placent issues isn’t a major concern . take proper care of your health and don’t give any stress to body :)
    regarding anamoly scam it’s normal for babies and doctors to play hide and seek . I had to wait 3 hours for my baby to turn around so that heart can be scanned .
    don’t worry , eat well , keep calm and pray .
    wish you a happy healthy pragnancy and delivery :)
    all the best !

Rihana likes this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

Thanks @ashima10 for your response and @Rihana for your like . I went for my scan again this weekend and they were able to look through the heart and its all good so far .
    I did speak to my Dr. again and he now said that though they are unable to clearly see the path of placenta , from where its connected to the cord but as long as it does not pass from in front of the cervix its ok . I will be again taking a growth scan in the coming week to be doubly sure .

Thanks for your wishes :)

I have a few more questions playing in my mind . I have roughly three more months to go so it might be kind of early for all the prep.

1 :) Food ,
    We are vegetarian , no onion garlic , no root veggies types . I have High BP and on meds for GD though overall a1c has always been way below normal . Because of high BP , also taking aspirin to reduce pre eclampsia risk .
    I read online that garlic helps with it and breast milk supply so will start start on it . fenugreek seeds i know about . What else helps ?

2:) House hold items ,
    Since I would be on my own pre and postpartum what are the things that I can buy at a reasonable cost to help myself with the house hold work . After c-section , my H would be home for about one week . I would go for work for as long as I can before starting on my maternity leave. And would get three months leave after baby arrives . I have one IP , thinking of getting another one instead of getting an extra pot . What else could help ?

3:) Baby gear ,
    I did go through a lot of suggestions in multiple threads related to it . I will be buying crib/matteress , stroller , car seat new . In two minds about bassinet . What are some other important items to help and any suggestions based on your experience . Also the baby bath tub and breast pumps .

Am I planning everything too early :) Except the baby gear , I will get everything before the baby arrives .

Thanks to all for your help so far .

P.S : Though all the necessary evils remain as is , I felt a little bout of happiness coming to you all for things not related to ILs. Really thank you to you all , though everything remains the same but I am little more confident of facing life than the times I first came to you all . Thanks a lot.

ashima10, Rihana and shravs3 like this.
  4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Copying the text from my office emails :)
    1.For Milk :I had Jaggery and milk with ghee with cumins seeds as tarka , my mil told me to have it hot . My supply till date is good, I’m not sure( as in no scientific evidence ) it’s because of that but to me it helped; there is no harm in having it, its super tasty too )

2. House hold items : Look for a playing gym , baby feels pretty happy in it & engaged too . Try to sleep with baby and rake rest. Don’t try to be super human (you have all your life to be that ) order out, make khichdi.

3[​IMG] Baby Stuffs : Breast pump & sterilizer , Crib did not help me at all. It’s just lying with baby clothes, my baby is hardly in it but you can make a habit of crib in earlier stage only. Car seat is must. A bouncing chair ( In lighten bouncer twinkle twinkle teddy bear ) Blankets ...bath tubs. wet wipes, diaper rash cream....DIAPERS!!!!

All the best dear!

5. Caughtinbetween

Thank you very much @ashima10 for your tips above . Sure I would keep it in mind while prepping myself .

1. regarding milk , i started adding fenugreek seeds and garlic , oats , drinking milk (will add tadka you suggested above sans jaggery , i cant drink sweet milk at all and neither can i eat sweet food ) . trying to change it to be able to achieve the goal :grinning: .

2:yes play gyms look nice ..i did browse through a few , will look for more .
    Khichdi , pongal , take outs certainly helps . I will be looking for some indian homemade cooking service as well for pickups . Any idea how much it should cost for 2 in indian neighborhood .

3: a lot of stuff for the baby ..almost everything is a must . how many bottles/baby cloths / blankets etc do you buy to begin with ? It would be summer so cotton cloths . And do you use detachable car seats to use on stroller or it has a separate one ?

Thank you :blush: