1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spirituality & Quantum Physics

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY][FONT="]I have been writing through my feedback as well as the blogs that science is beginning to converge with the spirituality. Quantum physics is making significant progress towards spirituality and many of their derived results are in line with the ancient teachings of Advaita that is derived from Vedas. [/FONT]

[FONT="]As we all know advaita teachings of Adi Sankara has achieved unparalleled attention from the world and here is a comparison of his teachings with derived answers of Quantum Physicists:[/FONT]

[FONT="]World is (maya) an illusion[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]The world we see and perceive is not real, they are just 3D projections of our own mind[/FONT] - Quantum Physicists
    [FONT="]Brahma Sathyam Jagan Mithya (Only the Brahman is the absolute reality)[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]Only the consciousness is the reality[/FONT] - Quantum Physicists
    [FONT="]The Brahmaanda (The vast Universe) is created and dissolved again into the Para Brahman[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]The atoms bind together to make planets, stars, comets and at some time later they dis-integrate and merge with consciousness. - Quantum Physicists

[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Jeevatma is nothing but a separated soul from Brahman and has to strive with Brahman called Moksha[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]Everyone was once part of one consciousness separated later and has to merge back to that consciousness - Quantum Physicists

[/FONT]
    [FONT="]When the Jiva becomes realized then it is the state of nirvana and is beyond -time, space and mind.[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]When someone deeply understands the consciousness then there is no time , no space and no mind - Quantum Physicists

[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Jiva feels he is real because of the presence of mind[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]Individuality is an illusion that is caused by the mind[/FONT] - Quantum Physicists
    [FONT="]Brahman can’t be realized through senses, because they are limited[/FONT] - Adi Sankara
    [FONT="]Infinity can’t be understood with finite mediums[/FONT] - Quantum Physicists

[FONT="]Adi Sankara said, “We are all the same consciousness but each one appears differently because of our own actions.” He said, "[/FONT][FONT="]ब्रह्म[/FONT][FONT="]सत्य[/FONT][FONT="]जगन[/FONT][FONT="]मिथ्या[/FONT][FONT="] , [/FONT][FONT="]जीवो[/FONT][FONT="]ब्रह्मैव[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="]अपरह[/FONT][FONT="] " (Brahma Sathyam Jagan Mithyam Jeevo Brahmaiva Na Aparaha) meaning Brahman is the only reality, the living entity is not different from Brahman. Adi Sankara through this profound statement revealed the inner most knowledge. Quantum Physicists are coming to the same conclusion through their experiments that the world is an illusion. Everything in this world has come from the same source. Consciousness is the only thing that is real and once we achieve that there is no time, space and mind.[/FONT]

[FONT="]My Guru said, “Science is like “C” and spirituality is like “O”. Science is exploring the outside world to find the origin. The spirituality is exploring the inside of a being and finding out the same result. But, spirituality is a completed lesson whereas science is still evolving towards completion. I am able to now understand what he meant after extensively researching the quantum physics derivations and various scientific books written by great minds recently.[/FONT][/JUSTIFY]

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:wow: great compilation of science and spirituality, thoughtfully presented even a simple person can understand, :thankyou2: for the topic in your blog! Happy Blogging!!!

3. Viswamitra

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is such a coincidence (or is it God's Will?) that I read so many books written by scientists and all of them interestingly leading towards the same results. Some of the books I read include:

1) The Holographic Universe

2) Nano Technology The Mind Over The Matter

3) Biology of Belief

4) Einstein's Enigma

5) Nuclear Evolution

4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,

The merger of Modern science and Hindus spirituality started when Einstein established his theory of relativity and established nothing is absolute except the speed of light. He also further went on to established the famous E=mC*(* indicates square) and tried to explore the mystry of the space and time by finding the unified field theory.

In my opinion, no other philosophy in the world except Hinduism, is based on the understanding of Time and Space manifested by Brahmam.

Recently, My husband was discussing with his friend Physicist scientist a concept called "Spenergy" ,going a step forward from Einstein, trying to find an equation for a relation between space and energy. He was telling that this concept could be derived from an ancient Hindu work called Spanda karikas' meaning slokas of vibration exactly tracing the Brahrmam manifesting the Maya which we call as Universe.( You can read the book by Prof. Jaydev Singh of Banaras Hindu University published by Motilal Banarsi Das, publishers of Hindology books from Delhi) .

The questions which are asked in my reflections on " Om Shri Sai Kaalaya Namaha" in one of my Blog directly relate to this relationship.

Thanks for A Great Blog on Spirituality and Quantum Physics which shows A Great journey of a Chartered Accountant in search of Absolute Truth.

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    Superb blog written in a very simple to understand language,very helpful for a novice (in spirituality and quantum physics) like me.
    Sir your enthusiasm is infectious and eagerly waiting for more such masterpieces from you.

regards
    honeybee

6. Viswamitra

Thank you for your detailed feedback including the discussions between your husband and the Physicist friend. Thank you for sharing the information about Professor Jayadev Singh's book.

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

Dear Honeybee,

I am a novice too regarding spirituality and quantum physics. If I am writing in a simple terms it is mainly because of my limited knowledge. Your words of encouragement is like a tonic to me. Thank you for your continuous support.

With kind regards

Honeybee

8. ambrose

ambrose Senior IL'ite

Removed since it is duplicate

9. ambrose

ambrose Senior IL'ite

My guru in xii the angry fat chemistry sir told that science is life . so i improved my science knowledge vastly. till now doing experiments then and there as a hobby and for the satisfaction of mind.
    Science knowledge is powerful and that get rids of anger.
    "salt
    halts the
    shout.
    sadness ,
    sores .
    theeyinaal sutta pun ullaarum aaradhe naavinaal sutta vadu. but salt sure cures suspiciousness even.
    :bonk

10. Viswamitra

Well said Ambrose. Thank you for your feedback.

Viswa