Speedy chappatti making

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by raji2678, Nov 11, 2010.

1. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,
    How fast can you make chappattis? I have heard that there are people who can make 15 in 15 mins! :bowdown

It will be extremely helpful if you can shrare tips on how to make rotis quickly.

Also, saring links to videos on this subject will be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards
    Raji

2. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

yes lol ! i can make it..
    i wil share okay!
    first add flour and water and salt, little curd to the flour and stir it with the other end of big spoon , not your fingers. after it becomes a dough, use your hand, put a litle of oil to make it soft. leave it for sometime , make balls.

now starts the work.. keep non stick on the stove. light it in high flame. flatten the dough balls. puut on it.
    while it cooks, roll and make another raw chappati, by the time turn your chapathi on non stick 2-3 times, then remove non stick and put chapati on the same fire ,same time put another raw dough chapati on the non stick while it not on the stove. turn the chapati on the fire and remove. place the non stick,

it wil be like roti. you can add little oil in pan to make it look like chapathi, this is super duper fast

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Keertha,
    I think it requires a little bit of practise as well..Any tricks so that the rolling of the rotis is quick?

Regards
    Raji

4. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

rolling is very easy!!
    buy a wooden vegetable cutting board .. big one and make in that. dont fold and all.. just one flat rolling on 4 sides. it takes some 10 secs thats it

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Again thanks! I'll practise and update you all about my speed. Also lets hear the secrets from other members.

Raji