1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Speaking to Daughter About Puberty

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by shari2003, Aug 12, 2015.

1. nagasahithya

nagasahithya New IL'ite

While parenting a teen daughter, as a mother, you will have to switch gears and metamorphose into a friend. Sharing an open communication channel with her is critical at this stage as it can help you share her concerns, clear her doubts and win her trust for life!
    This article would help your daughter to know about Puberty: Everything You Need To Know About Puberty

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

yes... good topic to discuss. my DD knows about my 'special' feature - the breast!! especially when I started feeding my younger DD. She got soooooo astonished when the first time she saw it, though I had taught her already about breast feeding. I told her as 'shoulder' milk, but I know that she knows far more than that. She still wonders what is that Veet ad. is for... why why o why... why... :-D. She cant understand why often I prefer not to wear sleeveless dress. for a very long time she would say, 'amma you havent got your diapers yet' during grocery shopping. now she has stopped nor is she asking any question about it. Does that mean she already knows something?? I dont know.
    My second DD was a cesarean so she knows that babies born from mom's stomach and doctors chop the stomach to take off. But one day she asked.. "is there any doctor during Ramayan period"; "yes and no"; "so how come Rama and brothers were born?" "..." then she continued "I know..." "????" "Usually God gives babies right.. but here he himself is a baby, so he would have just jumped down" "haa!!!!" ((SIGH OF RELIEF)) :)
    I am waiting for one more year to go.. when she will become 10. I dont want to tell her now itself. Knowing her... she will keep pondering about it. She will get nightmares about it... So... let her broach the subject. Already kids these days are blooming so early as 10 years old, that itself hurts. but something will go in her school right.. let her come to me. Else by 10th year I will update her right away.

3. nagasahithya

nagasahithya New IL'ite