Speak english

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Soniagauba, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Soniagauba

Soniagauba Senior IL'ite

Hi:hiya Indusladies...

A very good afternoon. Since long I've been thinking to start a Thread that could help Indusladies to learn English. so here I am with my new thread

SPEAK ENGLISH

This thread will be useful for learning the USAGE of the language. Here, the main focus will be on the Conversational English .

Why I chose English ????

:thumbsup As a result of British colonial rule until Indian independence in 1947 English is an official language of India and is widely used in both spoken and literary contexts.

:thumbsup There's relatively a smaller number of demography where English is spoken at home, and Most of us have had it as a second language in school.:bonk

:thumbsup Science and technical education is mostly undertaken in English and, as a result, most university graduates in these sectors are fairly proficient in English.

:thumbsup It is widely used for social interaction and in the business spheres.

:thumbsup As English is an international language, if we want to remain in touch with the outside world, we will have to retain English.

OUR GOAL IS TO HELP EACH OTHER LEARN ENGLISH.

Feel free to post your queries. I or any of us will try our best to solve them.

Regards,
    Sonia Gauba

3 people like this.

2. virilevisu

virilevisu Senior IL'ite

HI Sonia..

I raelly appreciate your attempt for this spoken english thread... but I have a view on this... please correct me if I am wrong...

I want to learn swimming....I read books about swimming.. I watched the videos of swimming... I watched people who were swimming in the pool..... but I am unable to swim myself in the pool....

later I found the reason that I am not willing to jump into the pool to swim but want to learn swimming....

similarly.... I believe discussing on threads wont teach us english... and mostly the things which we know will come as advises following your thread...then the very meaning of your thread SPEAK ENGLISH will be changed to ADVISES ON SPEAK ENGLISH......

so we should have some meeting where you people meet then.. it will be a good idea for speak english...

apologies if I am rude...

3. pursuingCMA

pursuingCMA New IL'ite

visu is right. once we've to stop talking in our native language then we can catch up english easily..

4. Soniagauba

Soniagauba Senior IL'ite

Dear Visu and CMA
    Thank you for replying!

Yes! I agree to both of you. The idea of MEETING to SPEAK English is the:thumbsup best idea and will be the most useful thing for speaking English . Seeing Visu in Hyderabad and CMA in LA, meeting seems quite difficult though.

I consider Indusladies a platform where we can learn and teach even being at home . All of us know about English classes or cooking classes provided at different places. The whole purpose here is to be helpful in learning SPOKEN ENGLISH even when the possibility of physical classes exists .

A DRIVER DOESN'T NEED TO DO ENGINEERING FOR DRIVING. A HANDS ON PRACTICE IS REQUIRED similarly for speaking English one needs to listen and speak. Having a face to face conversation certainly boosts up confidence. so I guess once Indusladies is equipped with Video calling, even this problem will also be solved and as far as I know English that we use on Social networking sites is more of CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH. So, I (no offence) consider my thread SPEAK ENGLISH is aptly titled.

And Advises on Speak English as a title also makes a good idea.

Cheers and Welcome
    Sonia

1 person likes this.
  5. zeenasubash

zeenasubash New IL'ite

Hi indus ladies,
    I would like to improve my spoken english.How can I?.I am in chennai.Anyone willing to take spoken english class?

Regards,
    zeena

1 person likes this.
  6. RebeccaAGray85

RebeccaAGray85 New IL'ite

I believe that the best way to improve your English is through immersion. Immerse yourself in the English language. Force yourself to speak it, read it, etc. when you have a choice. I know it may seem easier to read in your native language but, it has been proven that the best way to learn is to immerse yourself in it.

1 person likes this.
  7. HemalathaAS

HemalathaAS New IL'ite

Hi zeena,

Have u attended any spoken english classes?Which part are u in Chennai?

8. inlingua

inlingua Guest

Hi guys,

One month before i joined the language courses in bangalore. Now i analyzed myself very improved to speak an english.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  9. Nsk2013

Nsk2013 New IL'ite

Hi, friends

I to went for spoken language class But I couldn't speek.