South Indians in Melbourne wanna be friends

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by Archnaraj, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am from coimbatore living in Melbourne looking to make friends here. I live with my family. I have a 3 year old boy. Would love to have friends from south as i miss my place and would be nice to meet new people from there. We are a fun loving family 

Thats me!!! so kindly message me or reply to this thread so that we can catch up and have fun. 

2. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hey all

I can see so many of you have visited this place but no one commented. :(

3. VijiBalaji

VijiBalaji New IL'ite

Hi Archana,
    Am from Madurai, and we'll be travelling to Melbourne this month end. I have 2 kids 6+ and 1+ years old. Where are you staying in Melbourne... hope to c u soon..

1 person likes this.
  4. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji

Nice to know. When are you coming to Melbourne. I live in the south east suburbs, near the temple. Where are you guys planning to stay? Let me know if you need any help. :)

5. VijiBalaji

VijiBalaji New IL'ite

hi Archana , we are travelling this month end. will be coming there and looking for accomodation , as company provides initial accommodation .. so don't know yet . Am not able to PM you .. can you PM me..

6. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi viji

You need 10 posts before you can pm any one. Even if i pm you wont be able to view this till you reach 10 posts. Let me know if you need help in finding accomodation. Will help you find something depending on your work. Are you a PR or on work visa?

7. VijiBalaji

VijiBalaji New IL'ite

Hi Archana,
    We are coming on work visa. Office is @ CBD.
    Have to find a school for my elder one .. so unable to decide on a location to search for accomodation. You have any suggestions, please let me know, Also are there any restrictions in bringing the masala items.. am thinking of getting sambar podi, malli podi, etc..planning to bring grinder and mixie .. also .. let me know you r suggestions Archana.. Thanks in advance :)

8. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji

There are many good primary schools around the City. The below links will give you an idea which are the good ones. These will give you an idea to choose your suburb.

ICSEA School Ranking in Victoria
    https://bettereducation.com.au/school/Primary/vic/melbourne_top_primary_schools.aspx

In regards to the masala items you can pretty much take any powder as long as you pack and seal them properly. I have taken sambar podi, rasa podi and other masala items when I came here. We pretty much get everything here now. But if you want to bring home made items please seal them with aluminium packing then polythene packing. Since you are coming with kids you can tell them you have food for the kids.

You can bring grinder and mixie, I have brought them. So it should not be a problem. Please make sure these are packed and sealed properly. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Cheers

9. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

@VijiBalaji

I am staying in the city too..any help let me know. Can assist with as much as details i can. I also from a place close to coimbatore

1 person likes this.
  10. VijiBalaji

VijiBalaji New IL'ite

Thanks Archana and Fps :)