Soundarya Lahiri - How To Recite? Any Procedures to Follow?

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by sumyramasamy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. sumyramasamy

sumyramasamy New IL'ite

Hi All,
    How do i start reciting the Soundarya Lahiri specific slokams for specific purposes? Is there any procedures to follow & how many times to recite it & at what time of the day?
    Exactly how long will it take for me to see the results after reciting the slokams? Can any1 give some feedback if they have suceeded in getting the desired results after reciting it & how long did it take? Wat r the specific methods/procedures that u had to follow before seeing the results? Can anyone just chant it or like wat i've read in some other sites, does it need to be done under a Guru? Thanks.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I started chanting the shlokas meant for everyday [about 9 shlokas] and a few shlokas for specific ones after my bath and lighting the lamp.
    They are very effective.

4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chitra, I am new to this area, I would like to recite the soundarya lahari for 'Thampathigal Premai' . Which sloga I need to recite?I would be grateful if you could advice me on this?
    Many thanks
    Vani

5. neetuvasant

neetuvasant New IL'ite

Soundarya Lahiri in hindi.can i get it in hindi.

6. minimanoj01

minimanoj01 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I was just checking for soundarya lahari and came across this site, which i found very helpfull and interesting. Could you guide me with few usefull mantras for daily life and how to go with it...I am totally ignorant about these mantras and needs to be enlightned with

Hope someone will come to my help..

Thanks in advance--mini

7. Vidisha123

Vidisha123 New IL'ite

Hello geevee68. Iam a new member of IL. I joined just recently. Read these old posts and conversations regarding soundarya lahari. I actually needed help on this. I dont know what methods to follow to chant soundarya lahari shlokas for specific results. I read guru diksha is required and for results shlokas are to be chanted with yantras and offerings to be made. I dont know anything on this but since i read your comment that you found chanting effective so i would request you to please kindly guide me as to how you chanted it...by which procedure and method...and did you get guru diksha for the same? I actually fear about highly potent spiritual texts backfiring if not done properly according to rules and with proper guru diksha where required. Since iam a complete novice i request you to please help me on this query.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi....
    Please don`t worry about the deekshas and the procedures. Just have a clear mind when you chant these daily shlokas. About 9 of them from the whole set of shlokas. Do this with faith. That will be a blessing.

9. Vidisha123

Vidisha123 New IL'ite

Hi geevee68 and thanks for ur reply. Could you please provide me with the soundarya lahari hindi/sanskrit text pdf. I would be very grateful. Actually i wanted to chant particular shlokas for definite results. The 9 shlokas u told, are they the starting above shlokas or other than that? Did you have very good experience with chanting? I want to chant for certain results so ur experience will be very encouraging for me to chant soundarya lahari.

10. Vidisha123

Vidisha123 New IL'ite

Geevee68 did you chant the shlokas without diksha? Actually i read on the net that without guru diksha it may backfire as it is a highly potent powerful spiritual work so i got scared. I want to recite for some wishes but via a simple method without the yantra puja and 1000 chants. So need ur help as how did you chant. How were the results...can a non dikshit also get to see results without diksha? Thank you

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017