1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soul mate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tanoshii, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I enjoyed reading the Original post as well as every one of the comments in this snippet. Let me bring philosophy into this discussion. I believe two people being soul mates is a misnomer. Don't yet call me aggressive. At soul level, we are thoughtless and bodiless. If we believe at the highest level of consciousness we are all part of divine then, there is no difference at all between any two. Every one is a soul mate of every one else.

Probably, we can agree that a person could be called mind mate or consensus mate at best as even if they have differences, they try to resolve between themselves. Any agreement at the mind level could not be at soul level.

Husband and wife are two bodies and two minds and they can have same opinion, differences of opinion and might arrive at consensus or agree to disagree. Whatever they do it could at best be at a peripheral level unless they raise their level of consciousness to the supreme level where they feel they are one without a second.

Viswa

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your response Viswamitra. That is true in a lot of ways. I agree.

But as people, we always seem to look for a deeper and deeper connection with the ones we love.
    We say he has my heart!! Is that even possible? Obviously not!!
    Connecting to ones soul is just a way to say we FEEL like we are meant for the other. Obviously we can not afford to go around trying who all we get along with in the same way. That will only bring in more trouble.

But when we are happy with that one person, its easier to accept that person as the missing half that we connect so well with and stop looking further.

Like you said: Every one is a soul mate of every one else.
    But I believe, one or some just seem a little more special than the others. And when you find him or her, its better to satisfy yourself there. :)

I do like and find your interpretation more believable, but I guess I am a lot more happier thinking about it my way.. :-D

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Soulmate hmmm I thought my Dh to be my soulmate but we differ very much in nature and also he is not much into spirituality.....Anyway I still think he is the one and for he is my friend too ...

4. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That is really sweet vjbunny :). Differences just spice up our life. When we learn to work around them, it becomes better. Thanks for your response.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Tanoshi dear good post. Everyone does not get a soulmate of their choice, some are lucky to get. If we do not get a soulmate of our choice we can be happy with the one we get. I agree with MansiIf you dont find your true soulmate...make the one that you end up with your soulmate" - makes life much simpler and more interesting :)

I had great dreams of a soulmate but my dh was entirely different. He is a simple man never expects anythign from others but very liberal in helping others whoever they are. Though our ideas are different in some cases because of being happy with our life we have been together for 39years. I think the love grows by years and after 60 the love grows more with each other because at that time they are there for each other.

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Nice post Tanoshii. Opposite pole attract each other and that is how we got attracted to each other in our arranged marriage with we having totally contradictory behaviours. If there is no reason to fight (all sweet sweet will be boring right?) and find life boring, i take silly reasons to fight and then wave the white cloth...Peace after a small storm is such a happy one which makes the life more interesting.

Every couple is made for each other (Karmas of preivous births balanced!! in the new combination) :rotfl

I don't know whether soulmates fight or not but I believe in "love the one who loves you". Fights make the life more interesting until we know where to put a stop to it! :)

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for your lovely responses Iyerviji and Mimur9. :-D