1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soul mate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tanoshii, Feb 9, 2012.

1. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Kamalji for the warm welcome.
    I have written a few earlier too but none has been noticed as much as this.
    I guess it takes loads of practise and loads of lovely reviewers to get me here..Thanks for being one :)

About the ting! have you ever asked Harsha ji if she heard it when she first saw you??? :thumbsup:idea:2thumbsup:
    And 31 years!! Wow..wish you two many many more happy years together :)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Tanoshi,

I read this as soon as you posted because when I read this,
    the first thought was "hey i just saw this episode of friends again just yesterday and was thinking about what Monica said or what chandler said and all that! But I could not respond immediately.

Then again, read Sumitha's Greek mytholgy story and wanted to respond! And then when I came back, saw uttaraa post and wanted to respond and finally when I cam back today, whew so much is already written!

I personally donot know if I believe in soulmates or not but I do know that we connect at different levels with different people and know we clicked - if we realise that and learn to appreciate our blessings, we indeed are lucky! So from that perspective, I am blessed in more ways than one!

2 people like this.
  3. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Srama,

Voila! You just hit the nail..I was struggling to put my thoughts in words and probably made it too verbose with analogy. You have simplified it so perfectly :kiss.

Yes, we connect to different people at different levels. And when that connection clicks instantly or one fine day, you can FEEL it. When you feel it with friends, I am sure you can feel it in love also. The way you bond instantly with some neighbors and colleagues leaving others to gape if they have known each other since previous birth?

Who knows when cupid strikes, the arrow is adorned with jingles and feathers that people keep talking of...:biggrin2:

Thanks a bunch honey for such delightful add-in to the thread. Erm..Tanoshii I hope you don't mind my gatecrash here :oops:.

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Uttaraa, you do get me! So well and you do know I was thinking of you and many others when I wrote that! You are very sweet, thank you for your words. Your own response did bring a big smile to my face!

And Tanoshi I do share the sentiment expressed by Uttaraa here
    and would like to say thank you for allowing us here :)

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And oh Tanoshi, I am a big big fan of "Sabrina, the teenage witch" and have you ever seen the last episode where she has to find her soul mate? I simply love it and have without fail cried everytime(which is like a million times) I have watched that episode. Here's a gist of that Sabrina, the Teenage Witch: Soul Mates (2) - Season 7, Episode 22 - TV.com hopefully you have watched it or get to watch it sometime! I love that series and that episode in particular!

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Not at all ladies..Its very interesting to know how different people feel about soul mates :).
    What you said about the CONNECTION and the FEEL is very true. You just click with some people better than others. And there seems to be no extra effort involved there. This reminded me of so many of my own friends who are friends just cos we understand each other better than others.

Thanks Uttara and Srama for your responses :)

7. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Hi tanoshi,

Very interesting post. If you characterize a soul-mate as one who understands you well enough to overlook your many failings and accept you for who you are, then I guess I do have a soul-mate in my DH. But do we agree on everything and have the same views on all subjects? Of course not, thank the good lord.:) Because like many people have observed here, where is the fun in life if we agree on everything?

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your sweet response Meenasankaran :).
    That is true, there's got to be some excitement in life :)

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good one Tanoshi!
    An apt article for February!

Does a soul-mate mean we have to agree on everything! Absolutely not!
    I too, like many many here feel that soul-mate really is the person whose thinking-waves as I call it, runs parallel to yours.

My husband is very different from in the way he thinks, approaches life, etc. During my early years of marriage I found myself wondering at how differently he thinks.

Now I am amazed how similarly we think and approach matters, so much so that when I think of something his next statement will be on that topic.
    Yesterday was the eeriest ever...I had made Pongal and Brinjal Gothsu - he said that he dreamt of brinjal gothsu :). I can hear you say .."this is too much yaar.."

So I am not sure if we really "meet" our soul mates or if we develop into one!!

10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha...He dreamt of it and you seemed to have received a live update on the side!! That is so sweet.
    Nope, I don't think its too much. Its sweet to know how unique or similar each couple is in their own ways.

Thanks for your lovely response KKrish :)