1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soul mate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tanoshii, Feb 9, 2012.

1. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]What is the first thing that runs through your mind when you hear the word? A life partner? A spouse? A lover? Or as wikipedia puts it, the one and only other half of one's soul for which all souls are driven to find and join???

I do believe soul mates exist though they are hard to find...but not impossible. That does not mean that I believe in soul mates being life partners or that every one of us is lucky enough to find them at the perfect time and end up together. If that were the case, Jolie and Thornton should have been together for ever!!

When two people are that similar, life does not really sound interesting in the remotest way. There should be surprises and there should be differences to discover everyday in your journey together. Expect the unexpected and the most unpredictable. When you marry a person you love, it makes all the difference in the world however unmatched they are. When you love him or her, you are willing to accept them as they are and you'll always be willing to make amends in every way possible even in the worst of times to keep things going good. Both of us are human and both of us are capable of flaws. So its between us to understand that and accept your equal half whether you believe him or her to be your best match or not.

Like Monica told Chandler, "I think that you and I were destined to end up together. I think that we fell in love and we work hard at our relationship. Some days we work really hard." We all marry a person whom we love or in many other cases we marry a person and learn to love him or her. Either way, its not a Cinderella story for anyone. All you see in the fairytale is till Cinderella finds her prince and after all the struggle, marries him and wanders away into Happy-ever-after!!! Life that matters the most starts only after that..lol!! And its not easy..but definitely worth it if worked on.

My mom's colleague had this thought that when you saw your man or woman, the one you are destined to be with, even in an ocean of faces and voices, you'd hear a ting! in your head. That is like the sign telling you that your search is over. That way you learn to live with what you've found. Its sensible, practical and feasible to learn to love who you found or who found you and stop searching for someone you may or may not ever find in this imperfect world...

But has it ever occurred that a soul mate could be a friend and a friend only?

Well, its not common...but not entirely impossible...[/JUSTIFY]

9 people like this.

2. silly

silly New IL'ite

A soulmate (or soul mate) is believed by some to be the person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity, similarity, love, sex, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul, which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate.

3 people like this.
  3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your response Silly. :)

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

"If you dont find your true soulmate...make the one that you end up with your soulmate" - makes life much simpler and more interesting :)

According to greek mythology, all humans had 2 heads and four hands.... (one male and female)..and they somehow managed to anger the Gods, who separated them and all of us therefore end up searching for the lost part of themselves ..in short..their soul mates. ... and in the world of 7 billion ....it isnt easy to find that one person....!!!

If we take the romantic angle out of the picture, i think soulmates are easy to find... we make connections all our lives... and i feel a soulmates are someone who have a spiritual connection with us, understand us and are positive influence in shaping our lives.

3 people like this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Tanoshii,

Classic snippet! Loved the way you have expressed your thoughts exceptionally well.:thumbsup

Do you have different types of friends - Okie-dokie friends, goodie-goodie friends, midnight-SOS-help-me friends, paint-the-town-red friends?

But then there are also friends you feel so connected and blessed to have them in your life where the balance tips for such group. Those are the ones who reach out to your soul..and I call them soulmates in friendship.:)

If there are soulmates in friends category, why can't there be a soulmate in spouse category (love) ?

Not all life partners are soulmates. Good, better, best but soulmate !? You can always make out if he/she is your soulmate or not. Just like you feel the special bond in few friends - my missing twin..:queen

There are different ways of looking at life. I feel over a period of time if you live with someone you tend to like, love or least appreciate something in them. To someone the purpose of life is to meet a soulmate and others is to make a soulmate. What ever works out, just go with it ...:biggrin2:

3 people like this.
  6. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Very true... I love the snippets and also the response of silly...

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Yes Sumitha..I was trying to say that. Not everyone is lucky to find the right person at the right time. What if you are married by the time you meet the real Mr.Right. Not that the one you married isn't good enough...But you are not missing on anything by not married the soulmate. Having a person who is my opposite in every way seems like a better option to keep life spiced up :) ..

Thanks for your response. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Uttaraa.

I do believe in a soul mate being a friend more than a husband. Like I said earlier, we might not find our perfect match when we are looking to marry. When you find this person later in life, I don't want to say "No thanks, better luck in the next Janma cos I'm already taken" :thumbsup.
    As a soul mate he/she can be an excellent friend and not a "Mate". They will know you well and the physical relationship need not matter. They will know you for what you are and not for what you look like. Isn't that a bonus?

3 people like this.
  9. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thank you getstrngth, for taking your time and reading my snippet. :)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi tanoshi,

I do not believe much in the soulmate theory simply because i have not yet met mine. Maybe he/she exists somewhere in the world. Meanwhile I am quite happy being married to someone totally different from me and having friends who are all quite different from me and from each other too.
    I always thought the difference is what makes life interesting..:) of course once in awhile it is great when someone understands my weirdnesses.LOL.
    And one of my favorite couples is monica and chandler..:cheers

2 people like this.