1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sos! Required An App For Searching Things At Home!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 3, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

How nice it will be if we have a search App like google search in order to search misplaced things at home!

Since we get up in the morning our search for things start! At least I don’t search for spects for I need it only for reading. Though my DH have a pair he would place it at different places and would keep searching for it.

For my part I will keep searching the matching blouse for the sari before going to take bath. Then start the search for the vegetables stuffed in the fridge. How nice it will be if we have transparent fridge or X-ray eyes to locate things kept in side cupboards without opening them.

As my DH has taken responsibility of washing machine he would start searching for the washing powder or liquid. Of course when we keep things we make it a point to remember. You can ask why can’t you keep things at their designated places? I have to reveal a secret here about my DH. He had formed a habit of arrange and rearrange things as and when he felt bored.

Even phone bill, electricity bill, bank deposit receipts and passbooks also frequently change places. So I have decided to keep everything stored in laptop as I pay everything online. Here also there is the password problem as I use different passwords. I do keep a diary for the passwords.
    I have advised my DH to keep a diary and write whenever he change places of things. Alas! Now we both are searching for the diary!

How many of you are sailing with us in the same boat?

Suja9, Balajee, blessings1010 and 4 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL PS Mami, that is so hilarious, but no worries. This problem seems to be overtaking all of us, no matter what age! I often find myself groping for words - no matter in what language - or for the names of the maids (they've been with me for years). I often think it won't be long before I start searching for myself! The other day I was talking to a friend on mobile and looking for it desperately in my bag at the same time!

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS maam,
    Really if wishes were to come true, it would be wonderful to not having to search for things ever:)
    I used to misplace my specs often as i only require it for reading , but my place of reading varies from my bedroom, to hall , even kitchen! and there used to be the never ending search. Although earlier my husband used to help me out if he had seen it somewhere, but later i found he just started ignoring my pleas if i ask him whether he had seen it anywhere. This, made me to ensure keeping it back at the same spot in my shelf, irrespective of where i was. Remembering passwords was another issue with so many online payments nowadays. Solved the problem by having a dairy and updating it religiously each time i make any changes, and every year in January , somewhat like a new year resolution, i make it a point to rewrite all the websites/passwords. Ive informed my family too, about the dairy and it would serve as a document for all my assets and liabilities.

PushpavalliSrinivasan likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    There are indeed enough of us to cause the boat to sink! But then what is life without searching? It will be a mighty bore. I have seen families whose houses are kept meticulously. They never search for anything and everything is kept in its allotted space. When I visit such houses, I feel very uncomfortable. I cannot stand such orderliness. If you open the fridge in our house,at least two or three things will fall out. When the car cleaner asks us to open the car for him to clean it inside, we all start searching for it. My maternal uncle not only misses things, he forgets people's names too. He uses pronouns like 'Avane, Ivane' to call us. We have a peculiar situation in my house. My folks would retrieve a thing in a jiffy only if it is messy. Clean the house and they can't find a thing. 'Life is one eternal search for missing things' my dad would say while he searches for his missing specs which would be on top of his head! As my good friend Viswa would say, while we search for missing material things all the time, we do not get any time to search for spiritual life!
    Sri

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    Groping for words while writing and at times even while talking and struggling to remember even names of my grandchildren makes me shudder. I wonder whether it is the beginning stage of dementia. But you have outbeaten me searching for your phone in the bag while talking over the phone.
    I search for specs wearing it .
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Joylokhi,
    I feel the moment we take birth the unending eternal search starts and continues till we kick the bucket. At different age the search is for different things. The specs search starts in the middle age for most of the people and for myopians it can start even earlier.

I wonder if anyone can boast and say that they are well organized and never search for anything.
    PS

joylokhi likes this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Cheeniya,

Yes. You are right. Mr Viswa being a philosophical and spiritual minded person would spend his time searching for spiritual uplift than wasting time for searching material things.

PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    That is the problem of everyday of everyone.As long as we don't misplace kids, no heaven will fall even if we lose spects or keys.My husband's friend popularly known as 'marathi mannaarsami' forgets each and everything and spends half his time in searching.Children forget the hall tickets very often.Now a days school authorities themselves keep them safe.No botheration to children.
    Remembering and forgetting are two sides of the same coin.
    If you remember to remember,it is memory.
    If you remember to forget it is forgetting.
    if you forget to remember it is forgetting.
    If you forget to forget it is remembering.
    Does it look like Visu's dialogue?
    As we advance in age, it is better we don't remember certain things that cause worry.
    Remembering is an art.But forgetting is a bliss.You can escape many a commitment under the pretext of forgetting.

jayasala 42

joylokhi, SunPa and Balajee like this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

In my home the term "It is very safe " is a euphemism for a misplace3d item. We all know it is very much in the house but don't know where.If it is a mobile it can be traceable by giving a call to its number. But may be there must be some kindd of invention that will ensure that all items have some kind of a number we could call and find them when they ring.