1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

SORRY%!!!!!!!!!

The phone rang and as I lifted the receiver the voice at the other end blurted out:

“i am so sorry. I humbly apologize”

Huh? I knew a lot of people who owed me an apology or at least I thought needed to say sorry to me. Which one of them was this?

“May I know with whom I am rtalking?”

“Arrey bhai this ia Arvind”> ARvind who ? I wondered though I now had a slight inkling who that person was ..

“Arvind who?”

“This is Arvind Kejriwal speaking”

Now things were getting clear.er

“ AK sir, I am a great admirer of yours and the good work you have done in areas like public works, schools and healthcare? I said with delight.

“Oh I can’t say how sorry I am?” said the voice at the other end.

“For what> For doing all that good work?” I asked, partly puzzled and slightly irritated.

“No no, not for all that. But I humbly apologize”.

Now I was really getting confused . Was AK in the long list of people who I thought owed me an apology? I asked him that.

“I don’t know what list you have.. But even if I am not in your list, I still cannot express how sorry I am” said AK.

“ But I haven’t ever met you. And I don’t thjink you can’t tell me from Adam” I said.

“Doesn’t matter. I still apologize” said AK.

“But do be clear. For what?”

“For what AI might have said about you.

“But you don’t know me!!! So how could you have said anything about me?”

“Arrey I have said so many things about heaven knows how many people that I have to say sorry to persuade them to withdraw defamation cases against me. I have lost count . So I am not taking any chances and calling at random numbers I see in the directory and apologizing”

“Don’t you think there is a easier way?” I asked.

Set up an apology department in the Delhi government and have the staff send apology notes to all and sundry” I said.

‘Say that sounds good” said AK.

“Even better , like you send recorded messages to every mobile and landline numbers in Delhi during elections you can also send apology messages” I said.

“Gee thanks buddy. But are you sure I never accused you of having assets disproportionate to known sources of income or having accounts in Swiss banks, Channel Islands or British Virgin Islands, Vanuatu or Kiribati?”

“Accounts abroad? I don’t have much even in local banks, So relax” I said.

“Thanks pal” he said and hung up.

I was sweating. That was a real close call.

(Nope that wasn’t a dream. I just imagined what would happen if AK calls me in his apology spree to angry people suing him. Hey AK keep up the good work in Delhi and keep your lips sealed. I still remain your fan).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL, Balajee. You do have a very vivid imagination! :-D

3. sannapinnu

sannapinnu New IL'ite

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Be careful. That might be a trap to find out the details of your Swiss Bank account and then publish it so that AK can come out of defamation law suits. Tell him that at least you have not borrowed funds from overseas banks with a guarantee from local banks for you Letters of Credit. He will be happy.

Viswa

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thanks sannapinnu.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa I aj inclined to believe it is a case of mistaken identity. AK probably wanted to call my namesake in Tirupati who runs a highly profitable business worth billions. and doesn't pay a single rupee as tax.,
    May be AK a former taxman, was wondering whether the guy has foreign accounts.

8. Zxcv

Zxcv Silver IL'ite

9. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

No need to telephone individually to say sorry! All he should be doing is going for a televised speech, apologizing to the voters for being such a JOKER!

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Maybe AK wanted to offer custom-made apologies.