1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sorry, potty training question again ....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by jignasha27, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

2. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

My second son is 19 months old and 2 years would be the right time to start potty training.

In my first son's case,when till he was 2 years old,he would sit on my stretched legs and poop in the paper.I will then wash him up and throw the paper in dustbin.As,he was sitting for a long time,my legs would ache terribly.

One day my neighbor came and she lured him to toilet (Indian style )and told him that she would buy him a 5 star chocolate if he poops in it.I couldn't believe ,he silently went to the toilet and success!!

Then she took him to the nearby store and bought 2 chocolates saying this is for tomorrow.He obeyed her and I am really grateful to her.

3. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi jigna
    Couldn't figure out you in fb I am as RamyaSridhar in fb location Dubai, from Mumbai ( my prof has my pic in blue colored sari with one kid).
    Hey I too have a similar kind of seat I bought one with handles later like te be you have but it hasn't help my son sit to get himself cleaned he too gets scared my daughter sits cooly .
    Ne ways kit
    Let see how things go ...

4. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

I visited this thread 1 day ago.Today morning there is almost 1 new page is created with many new posts:).
    @jignasha I have saved your email id before it goes away in moderation:)
    I'll mail you today.

5. nihitareddy

nihitareddy Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    i wdon't know is this rgt way to train potty or not but i started this way.
    1) normally people say that it is better to start training in summer rather than winter
    2)some children prefer to sit in the smally potty chair and some in the adult toilet with the help of the small ring. so first check where u'r child is cofortable
    3) start using pull-up if you have worried about carpets
    4) as soon as baby got up fro the bed take them to the toilet and make them to sit there for atleat 10 min. don't worry weather they do it or not first they should learn to sit there. to make tem sit you too sit with them read story books or put rhymes. initially take them for every 1 hr and ask them to sit and do poo-poo or su-su.
    repeat this for 2-3 day
    5) 2nd WEEK you take off nappies and take them to toilet for every 1 hr. IF ACCIDENT HAPPENS TELL THEM YOU HAVE TO DO IT THERE NOT ON THE FLOOR. IF YOU KEEP ON TEELING THEM FOR FEW DAYS WITH IN KNOW TIME THEY WILL LEARN
    6) MY SISTER IN LAW SHOWED ONE POTTY TRAING VIDEO TO HER KID. AFTER SEEING THAT VIDEO THE KID STARED THAT I AM A BIG GAL I WANT TO DO POTTY IN TOILET. YOU CAN TRY SHOWING VIDEOS

2 people like this.
  6. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Lot of thanks Nihita for the post!!!!!!! It's good to know about your efforts in potty training your child :)
    I make her sit on potty chair.My LO doesn't know what i'm repeating when I say su su or ssssss.I am stuck with this :)
    I have to either leave her bare bottom or cotton underwear covered with waterproof pants.I could not get water proof pants of her 24 lbs weight.walmart has sent me a wrong size item :(
    So my training is getting delayed due to the above.But she knows when i'm repeating to go poo poo.

7. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Ok so everybody here already started and am still waiting for some day. i guess i have to call some pandit and ask for some "muhurtha". hahhhaha.

@Ramya i found u on Fb and senr u a request. hope its u only :) with some pooja photo right???? hey you have twins or 2 kids of different age. whatever it may be kudos to u girl potty trining 2 kids at a time :). all the best.

@surekha
    I dont know for some reason even though i subscribed to this tread am not getting alerts these days when someone is posting. even i was surprised to see a new page. still my kid just sits for 1 minute and gets down. i tell him that he shld do poo poo and pee pee here but no he just plays with tissue roll.

@Nihitha.
    Thanks for the tips. when i read tips i feel ohhh it's easy but when i impliment them everything turns out on other side. but let me try. right now my kid doesnt understand what is bribing. i mean he dont get it when i ask him to do something and in return he will get candy or something.

All the Best everyone. tk cr. keep me posted.

8. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

@jignasha.. Hey dear I got twins ( boy and girl) gotcha on fb .!!..right pick.
    Wow that lady sure does have patience to keep taking her kid to bathroom. I not have the patience neither the energy!!
    Kit