1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sorry, potty training question again ....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by jignasha27, Feb 21, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    I too am in the stage to potty train my kids..
    Btw is it ok to directly train them on the commode that we use instead of buying a potty seat. Is it ok?

2. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramyashridhar,

If You want to try directly on commode then buy small seat that goes over regular adults seat. even Am doing that.

3. RamyaSridhar1978

Hi jignasha
    Thanks I have tHe e ring like Thing bought for my kids put up in the adult commode seat . Btw how's ur training going on.. My daughter doesnot pee or poop now when I make her sit. Dunno . My son he still is getting himself cleaned in the washbasin. He is too scared to sit on the commode .. Nspite of seeing my daughter sit. I think he should overcome his fear .. Ne idea how it can be done...
    I think u also mentioned ur child no longer has milk midnight inspite of being a picky eater. Well I still have to overcome that stage though there are times they just sleep if you pat them.. Also making them get rid of the bottle is another challenge... Dunno what , how to tackle these.. ,!.. My heads spins!!..thinking of the same.

4. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

hi Ramya,
    Good that you started training. i did not started yet. right now we are on "mission eating":) . yes, right now am fully concentrating to feed him. he went below 3rd percentile in his 18 months checkup. now hes fine. atleast back on chart. Three months back i weaned him from breast feeding. and now am so tired that it is getting impossible to do multitasking. he has become so naughty and giving tough time. so i will wait for a month or so. but right now am just allowing him to sit on it and let him flush. hes getting scared to sit on it. so let your kid play and get used to it. You said your head spins thinking of all these. same here but now am not taking anymore tensions. let them take their own time. i will write about midnight feeding in next post. its now 10:30 and still have to wash dishes. bye take care :)

5. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

@ surekhakrishna

Am not able to send any private message now. it says i have to post 10 mails in a month to send or receive any message. every month 10 message wont be possible i guess. so if u wish we can discuss on my email. do share your experience in training with gerber pants. i did not started yet. hes getting scared to sit on it so for now am just letting him play and sit on it. howz everything going on at your end....

6. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi jignasha,
    i'm ok with email option :)
    well our training goes for 2 days and stops for a day and resumes for 2 days.
    it's kind of going on and off on babies potty chair.My LO did not try on regular seat yet.
    I did not train in gerber pants yet.

7. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    how r u all and ur little ones doing????? howz training going on. i started the tread but not yet started actual training. seriously its very difficult and tiresome taking them every hour and making them sit on potty. my kid he wants to play with it but cant sit still for a second. hes so active and naughty. first he use to tell me poo poo or pee pee though after doing it in diaper. but now hes so much in to playing that he dont even come to me if he does something. how about you guys.

Hey how do u spend time with them. what do you teach ur kids. (like- colors, shapes, abcd and so on). Am not much worried about teaching him forcefully. they will learn all these when time comes but just curious how other moms are doing. I have one more friend whose kid is 2 months younger to mine. she said she started to teach him colors, shapes etc. my kid wont sit at one place. the time he gets up (8 am) till he sleeps (10 pm) he just runs around , tries evry possible ways to irritetes me. if i make him sit at one place to teach him something. he does only what hes interested in. we have shape peg puzzel. even though he knows where to place what. he wont do it. ok this is my email id jignasha.dharmesh@gmail.com . we can chat there. here am not able to send private message. lets also talk about their day to day activities.
    bye everybody. tk cr.

8. RamyaSridhar1978

Hi jigna
    Have u got fb I'd that will be better.
    Btw I am too sailing in the same boat my kids too have stopped telling.
    let me know Ur I'd

9. linaanup

linaanup Junior IL'ite

Buy a kid seater with handles..It helps a lot..My little prince got accustomed to it within two weeks..The handles gv them feel of safety...

10. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

hey ramya u can find me as Jignasha Patel Thumar in FB. let me know ur Fb id in case if u dont find me.