1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes, We Just Have To Believe!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 10, 2018.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Nicely written, welcoming the spring.

I like 'threading' Jasmine flowers so much.... it is like a dream come true when I visit our friend in the west. They have backyard full of variety of Jasmine plants, it smells so wonderful.

kkrish and Srama like this.
  2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

loved loved the snippet. I totally can feel what you wrote. Not similar experience but had similar feeling about something in life. You have presented a simple but yet a very strong message. As always I enjoyed reading it. Not everyone can bring emotions to words and I think you are truly blessed to enjoy nature and by writing snippets like this you make people like me appreciate the nature around me.

Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@Balajee,

He is a lab and a border collie mix - we see more of lab in him. Pretty smart dog even if I say so ;-)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @poovai ,

Welcome to my snippets :) Threading the jasmine flowers in fact any flowers for that matter is something that I always wished to learn but never materialized. Now with flowers that I can count on my fingertips, there seems to be no need. You are right about the smell!!

Thank you Poovai for your appreciative words.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @mangaii ,

I had a big grin seeing you here :) and am jumping with joy. Thank you for your words! I am glad you could relate well to what I wrote. Most of the time when I write down, it helps me relive the experience in my mind and it calms me down for a few days .

Thank you for your words about my writing. I truly appreciate it and it makes it all worthwhile when I get these lovely responses.

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

kkrish likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

I somehow missed this wonderful snippet and only Cheeniya Sir's award brought my attention to this snippet. Knowing you well, most ILites including myself will never question your happiness on seeing 10 Jasmine flowers. The quantity is irrelevant and it is the emotional attachment to the plant and its response that matters.

You brought great memories of my childhood when I used to water the Jasmine plants everyday and pluck them later in the evening. I kept attempting to thread them together for a long time trained by my mom and finally I learned that trick of crossing the fingers quickly across to tie two or four of them together. The colorless water, red dirt, green plants and white flowers used to make me feel very happy for no reason.

Even people living 1,000 miles away from you and your family know the softness and loving nature of your family and why not a little bird? More you observe things around you, you present them to us and let us enjoy reading them.

Viswa

sindmani and Srama like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Thank you for your response. My mom had a green thumb and while I did not pay any attention to what she did, I must have observed with keenness for I seem to have inherited some of her interest in plants. Thank you for your kind words.

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Beautiful, Sabitha. You really paint visuals with your words. A very well deserved win. Looking forward to more.

Srama likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Satchi for always being so supportive. I had begun to feel like a energizer bunny (good for me, might be boring for others) going on and on with the same rhetoric - It has been four long years since I have won anything here :)