1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes Things Have To Go Sour To Appreciate The Sweetness ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sbonigala, Feb 14, 2017.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much @beautifullife30.

Its hard to push some positive thoughts in someone's mind, when I myself am not sure what to do with my situation. We both are now telling each other that its all going to be okay and we will have great time - once again.
    she tells me not to worry as nothing has been confirmed yet, I tell her the same. Pretty much like , "Good luck" and "Thank you, same to you"

As I said in my response to @justanothergirl , Cancer has been my buddy since my childhood. I have seen my dad struggle with it. I remember the blood stains on the bed, the way he fainted in the living room. I can never forget how much he tried hiding the pain. It was not easy to see my hero collapse in a pool of blood when he walked into the toilet on the fateful morning. It hurts me as a daughter, but I admire how he faced Cancer - many doctors confirmed that he had that will power to face the cancer else he would have died in less than 3 months after surgery. Its not easy but getting depressed about it wont help either.

That's the reason why I keep telling my MIL to face it boldly and that I would be with her throughout, I don't want her to think that she is alone. Its scary to think that she is alone in this fight. And she is scared. and worrying does nothing except for pushing her BP to highest peaks - which is not good for her.

sindmani likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I hope and pray that u have strength during these difficult times @sbonigala .
    Here is hoping that those scans were all false positives for u and wishing many many more years of good health and happiness.

SGBV and sbonigala like this.
  3. sbonigala

Thank you JAG. Am sorry if my earlier response was rude. I did not mean to hurt you.

4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@sbonigala, this news must be hard on all of you. I hope your MIL's cancer goes into remission soon. My prayers are with your family. *hugs*

sindmani likes this.
  5. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hey u had replied to my post . I read it many times and loved it .
    I ll pray that ur test results should be that u r normal n for ur mil cure .
    I am very very inspired by u . The way you respond to situations and ur optimism is ispiring me . Please update us on ur health n hers too

sindmani likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, I literally cried. No words to say .mother in law, sister in law, daughter in law are just tags, we have. That's all. First we are all humans. You are a good person. Happy to see ur post.

7. sbonigala

Team IL, I have an update.
    MIL has been through a major surgery and now she is on Chemotherapy.

I must say being so far away and not being by her side in this time has been a painful experience.
    But I have come to understand something. Certain aspects of relationships do not change come what may.
    People act or people attempt to prove that they are changed and things are all rosy.
    Truth is nothing changes.
    MIL is very bitter about the other DILs. She bad mouths them big time , every time I speak to her.
    I believe in "a person who steals for you will steal from you". If my MIL is badmouthing the other DILs to me, she will surely badmouth me when she is talking to them. If not today, then tomorrow. Because for my MIL that's the time pass activity - complain, bad mouth and feel relieved.

I have now learnt to ignore all that. I have learnt to just say, "hmm" when she talks to me and not react to anything.
    She is sick. And is yet to recover. I tried telling her to stay and talk positive. She would not listen. Her sons explained. No use. So now I gave up and just ignore.
    I cannot control what she speaks and how she feels about others. But I can control on how I want to react.
    So peace prevails in my mind now.
    If talking and bad mouthing people gives her some peace - so be it. Not my problem, not my peace.
    Peace prevails in her mind too.

In all this, I thank God for having helped her during the major operation and pray that she should recover to normal health very soon. I cant see DH being stressed about mum, most of the days - I know what it feels like to have that fear of losing a parent. Cannot see anyone in that position, let alone DH !

sindmani likes this.
  8. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Sbonigala a leopard never changes it's spots. Soo many times my Mil has said let's start fresh let start new,let's forget about past and she always winds up at the same spot. Trying to be mean to me or give me silent treatment when she thinks I do not give her enough attention. I am hopeful your MIL will feel better and is 100% cured. No human should have to go through this painful treatment, my thoughts and prayers with you and her. But no that MIL cannot change, at least mine can't. They talk a big game. Now I am so much smarter and I do not invest in her emotionally, don't call her, only visit on special occasions and it works. She still tries to be uber nice and buy me things etc but it does not work. I keep myself aloof.