1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes The Hardest Thing To Change, Is Your Mind.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 16, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sometimes The Hardest Thing To Change, Is Your Mind.

Everyone talks about mind and heart. I dont know what the heart and mind do. I only know that I am young at heart. Dont know whether I listen to my mind or to my heart. I think the mind should be intelligent. I only know that the function of heart is more. It pains when our love is not successful, when someone hurts us. I feel the mind has to be always alert and to be talented our mind should be good. The difference between your mind and your heart: Your mind tells you what is smart and your heart tells you what you're going to do anyway. When we talk about understanding, surely it takes place only

“Laugh, even when you feel too sick or too worn out or tired.
    Smile, even when you're trying not to cry and the tears are blurring your vision.
    Sing, even when people stare at you and tell you your voice is crappy.
    Trust, even when your heart begs you not to.
    Twirl, even when your mind makes no sense of what you see.
    Frolick, even when you are made fun of. Kiss, even when others are watching. Sleep, even when you're afraid of what the dreams might bring.
    Run, even when it feels like you can't run any more.
    And, always, remember, even when the memories pinch your heart. Because the pain of all your experience is what makes you the person you are now. And without your experience---you are an empty page, a blank notebook, a missing lyric. What makes you brave is your willingness to live through your terrible life and hold your head up high the next day. So don't live life in fear. Because you are stronger now, after all the crap has happened, than you ever were back before it started.”
    ― Alysha Speer

P.S. I dont know whether this snippet will be liked by all . But my heart says I have somany wellwishers they will surelyllike it. Some mak eme happy by just prssing the like button and some by giving fbs. So my heart becomes full dont know that time what the mind does. I am confused are you all confused

1 person likes this.

2. nisha27

nisha27 Bronze IL'ite

Dear
    This is wonderful.
    Its very difficult to change our mind.we are thinking we must to think always positive but some how we think negatively.we should always have strong mind but sometime mind become week.your ideas to get happiness is really good.
    thanks for your post

1 person likes this.
  3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

This is a very simple snippet but carrying a sense in this. While reading I agreed with you for I don't understand the difference sometimes, what is heart & what is mind, which one saying is what?? Ohhhh!!! Lots of confusions right!!! :)

- Agreed and the quote you have given is very good.

1 person likes this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

My heart wants to write a feedback to your post also my mind wants to share a thing which i read recently :)

Hurting someone can be avoided, because it is within our limit, we can control over mind and things, but being hurt by someone is sometimes unavoidable in case of not doing things purposefully.
    So at that time, it is very necessary to express our feeling ie try to understand that person that, we feel so bad when we got hurt by him. If we do not tell them, then he might not understand that he is doing wrong thing and again he will repeat it.
    But even after telling him, he continuously hurt us, then the best way is to stay away from their company which is not at all wrong. It is the best practice and even good for our heart :) then later he realize or not that is different issue which is least bother.

So as you said, in these situation mind should be intelligent enough to handle those people.

Well said Vijima, thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

it is certainly difficult to change one's mind for the mind looks for reason, understanding and facts and when we do things with heart, it is because it just feels right :)

Good question - I think the mind stays quiet not raising it's head too reason! As much as we need mind it is a good idea to draw that intelligence/reasoning/logic whatever to the heart and do one's actions from there!

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Nisha dear thanks for sharing your views and for the first fb

7. iyerviji

Pallavi dear glad you liked the snippet and thanks for your appreciation.

8. leena999

leena999 Silver IL'ite

hi dear
    yes it is difficult changing your mind ..but i have also seen alot in life and i feel that if one can train the mind to think positively in every situation,all the miseries of the world automatically come to an end.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Bhucat dear a very good explanation about the heart and mind. Thanks for the same

10. iyerviji

Sabita dear thanks for expressing your views about the heart and mind. You have nicely explained