1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Something Lost Something Gained

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear satchi
    A lot of wisdom in the write up. Hmmm....actually coming to think of it, these thoughts do plague me too, but never had the time to pause, take a deep breath and ponder deeper. In one of those moments I wrote the post "rat race, is it worth all of it?" Sadly this life is full of care, we've no time to stand and stare. Been ages since I have witnessed a sunset......does it mean the sun rarely sets these days? No, it's just that the web we are caught up in is so entangled. Sunsets are confined to tvs, net and videos......sigh...sigh!
    Wish you could see me nodding my head in full agreement. Beautiful article.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear Bhargavi, thanks so much for this wonderful feedback. Your description of the sunrise and view from your patio are so exquisitely beautiful, reading about it brings joy to the soul. Can only imagine how it is to behold the sight.

Only unfortunate part is Nature is being so brutally ravaged, don't know when She will turn on us with her entire fury. Even a mother's patience will break after a while.

1 person likes this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi....

My patio is facing north.......so, I'm not lucky to see the sunrise and sunset.....
    all I get to see is the effect of the rays.....along with the day's weather .....also....I hope you might have enjoyed ......the same sun.....looking different because of it's position.....or rather our earth's position...through seasons......

Life is a joyful event.......let's enjoy every moment........:)

Yes....the ravaging part is sickening though.......:drowning

1 person likes this.
  4. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Satchi,

Well, it always seemed to me a law of language that happiness, like goodness, is almost impossible to describe...Some of the best truths are obvious until somebody points them out.This, I think is the art of writing...

After I started reading your thread and comments from ILs my happiness level has changed and I really thank you for this!

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Very true Mega. Our pace of life has become insane. And it is incredibly sad what we have lost in this pursuit of an illusion.

6. satchitananda

Thanks a lot just20. Loved your feedback.

1 person likes this.
  7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi

nice post with the lovely photo of the dusk. Giving us immense pleasure for nothing but a few moments of attention admiration..this is what nature's one of the wonderful gift which will never let you boring as it changes the scene, colours, audio every minute. Wish you more and more joyful nature watching.

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Mira. I know you are also a bird lover. So I am sure you know exactly what I mean. :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

i cannot but agree with Cheeniya, with what he says, that this post pleases the reader much more than it pleased the writer that is u.

And one thing u said amaxed me, that is thinking Shani maharaj for this. that he takes away something, but gives back something good also.

i have faith in shani and i love him and every saturday i pray and thank him. people are scared of Shani, and they pray to keep the poor fellow at bay, but i welcome him in my life.

For Shani, if he brings u the downs, he teaches u the value of money later on. He teaches an shows u who is yr real friend in yr bad times, and helps us to seperate the chaff from the whatever, to seperate the real friends from the others who pose as such, the fair weather kind.

And yes it is thanks th indus, that i too have made wonderful friends like yrself , Sri, Chira and many others here.

A wonderful post.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

Was also one of those Kamalji. But I have accepted Shani as my life long, faithful friend who stays with me through fair weather and rough. What you say above is absolutely true. And what greater gift would one want of life?