Someone Suggested Me Bunk Bed For My Kids Room.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chaipastor, Jul 29, 2016.

1. chaipastor

chaipastor New IL'ite

Someone suggested me bunk bed for my kids room.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Hi...
    Bunk bed is a good option in case you have space crunch....
    If you buy the one for your kids..then please make sure that the elder one sleeps on the top floor. Little kids might find it difficult to get down just in case they need to use washroom at night...

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Is there a space crunch? Otherwise I might not advice a bunk bed. A year after we got the bunk bed, I wrote a satirical blog "debunking the bunk bed", let me see if I can hunt for that .
    First, both kids fought for the upper bunk, after the novelty wears off, it is a hassle. Both kids want the lower bunk.
    If you are living in a tropical country, the fan arrangements can be a hassle.
    Is there a ladder or steps ?
    If the child needs some solid pushing and prodding to wake up for school like mine , troublesome to do that.
    Toilet visit after they fall asleep is also a worry point. What if they are too sleepy ? Also what happens when child is sick and nauseatic ?
    Also the constant worry of what if the kid fall off the upper bunk. For peace of my mind I used a pullout bed at the bottom to cushion in case of an accident. So far my fears have been unfounded but statistically, kid falling from upper bunk bed is not rare.