1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Tips for a Successful Marriage!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lovelyme, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Hi lovelyme,

Good tips !! But I believe, a marriage can be successfull only when there is an understanding from both the sides, i meant both husband and wife. Ur tips are only for one side :) I would like to add up a few more from my side for the other side too...
    i.e. Responsible husband's side ....

1) Please remember that for you, all the people and environment around you is still the same after marriage. But everything is new for your wife. So, please understand and support her. Don't leave her alone to manage everything on her own.

2)She is here in this home, just for you, leaving behind her own. So, don't let her down. Your love and care is all she wants.

3) Talk to both your wife and parents. If there is a misunderstanding , please talk and try to get them closer. You are the bridge between them. Don't stand aside and watch the show.

4) Both parents and wife are possesive about you. Never give more attention to one ignoring the other. Treat them in a way that both feel they are equally important for you.

5) If your wife is expected to work after coming back from work, please help her.
    She is physically more weaker than you but expected to work more than you. So, please understand and act.

6) If you want your wife to love your parents, you need to care for her parents too. Then, everything comes automatically. Trust me on this.

7) You have all the rights to spend the money for your parents. All your wife needs to know from you is that the money is used for a genuine reason. Afterall, She is the one who has to save it for your children and your life after retirement.

8) Never show ego to your wife. The more you are open to her, the more she will love you.

Thats it from my side I guess.. :) If anyone has more to say, please add up.....

6 people like this.
  2. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

This thread is a really good support for married people. Tanoshi, you made some very good points. I know it's Indian culture that the married couple has to live with the husband's parents. However, I feel this living arrangement is what cause disruption in the majority of marriages. If parents are in a healthy condition and are able to manage themselves then it's good if the married couple can live on their own.
    When we were newly weds we stayed at my husband's parents house for a few months. My MIL and I get along well but you find when you live with people there will always be issues no matter how small and these issues always put strain on a married couple's relationship. My husband and I now live alone in our own house and we keep in touch with both sets of parents, mine and his and because we live alone the relationship is so much more manageable without the interferrance of family members. Actually, a couple of months after our marriage, subsequent to a quarrel that was cause by another family member, we both decided that we would not allow anyone to interfere in our marriage. All decisions about our marriage and our life would be made by us as a couple and any disagreement we have we would try to sort it out on our own without interferrance of other family members. This has worked wonderfully. Now we are on 11th year of marriage and we are still as close as the day we got married. One important thing in marriage to remember is, always make time for eachother. It's always good to get out of the house sometimes and do things together that you like, go to a movie, or a stroll on the beach or the park and just sit and talk to eachother. Try not to talk about problems when you are on your relaxing time with each other. All of this helps to keep you close and bonded.

2 people like this.
  3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Nalini. But this is really the most important thing of all. Time for each other makes a lot of difference in a marriage. When we lived in a joint family, after all the chores were done in the house, my husband and I would go out for a walk. Its the US time that got us through a lot then. Now we are alone and I still reserve weekends for him. Our friends coax us to go out with them and we do go, but on top of that I need one full day at home with him. To talk nonsense or what ever, you need the one to one time.

2 people like this.
  4. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hai everyone,

I welcome all the opinions wholeheartedly both positive and negative:).

I never thought of advising anybody:hide:. I just had the intention of giving some tips that helped me build up my marriage. Of course the compromises to be done from both the sides. But from my experience, when I took the initiative it was very easy for me to bring about the other changes that I dreamed in an ideal family. Now I can proudly say though not financially, my family is the wealthiest in love, adjustments, compromise, tolerance and what not. I thank GOD for giving me such maturity and a super family. My husband loves both his parents and mine and takes good care of them, I must say:bowdown. But I had to take the initiatives:thumbsup. When he understood that I truly took effort to love his parents and my SIL he began to respect my parents initially and now loves them dearly. He didn't make me beg him do that:kiss. Now after 5 years of marriage, love towards our ILs comes automatically and we are loved by them in turn:bowdown. All I have to say is it was not achieved in a single day and we are still working on it.

At the same time I know that the experiences vary with everyone and at the end of the day I would be glad if the tips are of use to someone. Thank you all.:)

3 people like this.
  5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Very nicely put lovelyme. :)
    I agree with that. We have to take the initiative without waiting to know what the other person is like or might behave like. Do you part and then wait to see what comes back...
    Thanks for sharing :)

6. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

May I add, good sex ( between h&w) is very important for a good married life?

1 person likes this.