1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Simple Pleasures of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Some Simple Pleasures of Life

I just read a blog of someone, who described his simple pleasures of life.

Well I fully agree with my friend PK.Pleasures don’t cost u much .They come cheap actually.Here are some of my pleasures that I get.

My dog tuffy, sleeps with us in the Bedroom.These days I am alone in the bedroom as wife is not around.Tuffy manages to sneak on the mattress in the middle of the night when he sees that I am sleeping, and makes himself cosy there.And half an hour before my Mobile alarm rings,Tuffy comes and puts his paws on the bed, and starts to nuzzle me,licking my cheeks, just slurps me, at times kissing me, that I am rudely awakened.I shoo him off, and when the mobile rings I get up , and he sits between the legs and climbs over me, and I have topat him,and I see his tail wag furiously.He is as happy to see as I am to see him.I say his kiss is better than any woman’s that I have known, and I know most will disagree, but only a pet owner will know what I mean.

Birds Eating Bajra – When I sit in the morning for my tea in the verandah, with paper, tea biscuits Tuffy, and wife in that order, the birds eating the Bajra that I put on the wall, is a joy I cant describe.First the peacocks must eat, and all the birds step aside to accommodate the King of Birds.Then come the parrots and they just chukle away, disturbing my reading the gossip of TOI.Next the pigeons and then the sparrows.

The Lady Walkers – Watching the pretty ladies taking a walk in the garden , is a joy which most males will agree with me.I walk reverse with my friends, as the garden is circular, and we friends watch which female repeats her clothes, which one changes everyday in to a new one,and we try to keep pace with them, meeting them twice every round, but these 20 and 30’s females are faster than us 50 and 60’s males.God knows what they must be hinking about this old bunch of fags,but my Doc has told me looking at pretty females lowers BP,Cholestrol and weight, so I follow his advise.

The morning Tea gives me more pleasure than my nightly drink.I am fresh at that time, my brain ticking faster than the liras on the Italian Taxi, and with Rakhee Sawant popping up in those kind of clothes on page 2 of TOI,Tea couldn’t have tasted sweeter.

The Loo – I love the Loo, when I do the Poo.I just made this up.Not bad eh ! I take my specs, news paper, a ciggie and put on the Geyser, and read on the pot, and light the ciggie, and I have the most wonderful 10 mins on the pot,the relief when I am a Kg lighter.this has its own mishaps when I try to put the burning filter of the ciggie inside the pot lifting myself a wee bit, but sometimes the burning end touches my end,and that is trouble, but that’s once a year or so.And it feels embarrassing to tell me wife to apply Burnol there ! But otherwise the other 364 days go well.And as the saying goes “ When the **** cometh down, the thoughts cometh in “, and I have some of the best thoughts and ideas when on the pot.Thanks Shakesphere boss.

Buying plants for the Garden – when wife and me go out to the nursery to buy plants,that is heaven.I like the coloured flowered ones, while the wife likes the green ones.And she haggles the price, and I go sit and smoke away and watch the beauty of God.I wonder how seeds grow into such wonderful plants.And with money not being an issue as it used to be once buy at our heart’s content.And the garden of ours looks so good with the new plants,the pleasure we get cannot be described.

Buying second hand novels – I get great pleasure in buying second hand books from the streets of Mumbai, and to stand for hours going thru books and buying half a doxen of them, and when I read them in Jaipur, a week passes by blissfully with a novel.And the best part is within 5 years I forget the story, and rereading them gives me the same amount of pleasure as I first read it.

My Daughter – Pushpa is the second of my daughter,and when she asks for some money , I feel happy.Like she will tell me,Papa I need 500 for the car petrol, and 500 to buy something for myself, I feel very very happy.You will find this strange, but I will explain this.She drives the old 12 year old Esteem, which looks like it has just come from Iraq bruised and battered.I have told her, to buy any new small car of her desire.but she say, papa, very soon I will go away and do my MBA, and this car will be lying around,I don’t want to waste your money, and I am very comfortable with this.even if I Bang this, u wont say anything to me, but if something happens to a new carm, you will shout at me !
    She saves me one hell of a lot of money even in other matters,hence when she asks me for some money I feel very happy.

Indus– Gives me great pleasure to read and blog and comment.I can be lost here for hours, doing either of the three,and you guys have been kind to me with your loves and comments.I wanted my articles to be published in news papers, and I sent them the printouts but they never bother to acknowledge the receipt, and now I don’t need them, but very happy with Indus and u guys and gals here, who give me instant comments ,which are mostly good,God bless you all who tolerate me and my blogs.

I am sure you all must be having some simple pleasures of life, and i would love it if you would share it here on my blog or write yr own blog, and i am sure this will be a delightful thread.

Waiting to read from all of u what things give u pleasure but which cost nothing.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji

I enjoyed every bit of your simple pleasures.

Smile didn't leave my lips.

How witty!!!
    -Stuffy's kiss better than that of women

-Watching pretty ladies lower cholestrol(but you missed, without knowledge of your better half)

My simple pleasures are as follows

hearing bids chirp in garden at dawn

-to see squirrels teach their little ones to climb tress and walls

-my morning walks

-listening to my daughters daily musing's

-seeing smile and satisfaction on the faces of my students

-being part of Indusladies

Best wishes
    Ansh

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

It really is true.....the simple pleasures in life don't cost us much(if at all they cost anything) and are the best things we will ever do!

Here are some of my simple pleasures:

-Eating corn on the cob in the beach
    -Stand in the beach and let the waves play around my legs.
    -Go shop at the platform stalls in Pondy Bazaar.
    -Swinging on a swing
    -Driving my two-wheeler on a free lane, with the wind blowing in my face.
    -Getting wet in the rain
    -Eating the sweet kernel of a tender coconut
    -Most of all, snuggling up to my husband on a lazy saturday morning!

Regards,
    Anitha

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Ansh,

See i brought a smile on yr face .Thats always my motto, but sometimes i do write serious blogs, if the subject is such.

Well my better half, knows everything, and she gets bored of my talks, she says she has heard that umpteen times.She says " Badal jo garajte hai, baraste nahin", meaning those who talk big like you, just talk and dont do anything":spinWell she has throwm me a challenge,now i must charm the walker ladies.HAHA.

I liked yr list of pleasures, specially the last one.Big LaughThanks and regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,

All your pleasures are equally nice, specially the cocnut thing.I love cocnuts we dont get them in Jaipur, so when i visit mumbai, i eat plenty of them, specialy the ones with good malai and less water.

It really dosnt take much to be happy,its just that we appreciate the simple thing sin life which go a long way.

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

a beautiful piece kamalji, my thanks for making me laugh out at some of those lines...my you do have a fixation with dear old rakhee..and thanks for the info i often wondered why old men walked in the reverse in the park now i know .....

warm wishes,

Priya.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

Now u know the secret of old men like me walking reverse eh ! Keep reading and commenting on my blogs, and i will give u a laugh a day.BowYour mom will say again Kamalji u have brought RS in the picture.HAHA.she is one item i tell u.Thanks and regards.kamal

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

kamalji,
    a nice shot if you can manage, leave all those tangdi sight just go get some nice flowers now dont be cheap here and give all ur walker friends one by one as happy woman's day and we men celebrate in ur name, and see the next day onwards all will say good morning no i dont know what they would address u as dont blame me if they say uncle hows u today..hahah. what say u right...sunkan

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

I second simple pleasures don't cost much at all, few things i listed in my blog here....

- Having a cup of coffee together.
    - Having brunch with the kids on weekend
    - when the kids feel pampered and give a hug.
    - When Veda and kids talks 1 to 19 sitting on the kitchen counter when I cook..
    - Going for a walk in the beach holding hands..
    - All of us reading books but feeling connected...
    - Watching a family movie with the kids sprawled on us...
    - when DD, counts pennies when we say it is ok....
    - When DS goes and picks something and looks at me, and if i say yes, he gives a dazzling smile..it is worth it..
    - Watching the night sky
    I can easily go on.....and loved each of your pleasures...

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

I don’t mind the ladies calling me Uncle or Grandpa.But I feel ladies dress up to be appreciated, and if I don’t appreciate, they will feel bad u know ? And also looking at pretty ladies is good for my health, am just following Doc;s advise.Regards.kamal