1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

some interesting facts of tamil heroines!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by yams, Jun 17, 2010.

1. laddubala

laddubala Gold IL'ite

Re: Biodata of film actress....

One news i thought of sharing about Gouthami. This information was taken from the paper The Hindu

Gautami narrates her experience of fighting breast cancer

[​IMG]

HYDERABAD: Gautami Tadimalla is better known for her performances in South Indian movies than for her struggle with breast cancer, a disease that affects majority of women in the urban areas. It was a struggle she won with aplomb, as gathered from her experiences shared with select audience here on the International Women’s Day.

At an event jointly organised by Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation and KIMS hospital on Sunday, the actress spoke from a dais also shared by her companion and actor Kamal Hasan, and playback singer, writer and producer Pamela Chopra among others.

Lifestyle disease

“To a large degree, breast cancer has become a lifestyle disease. Stress, food and pollution all have an important role to play in body’s metabolism. We have to get a grip on our lives and prioritise our jobs to avoid stress,” she said, and thanked her family for the unflinching support it offered.
    “It’s a great privilege to just be there… wake up in the morning and appreciate the fact that you are still there,” she reminisced in a voice choked with emotion.

Kamal Haasan described the recovery as an achievement by Gautami. “I have done many films as cancer patient, but I have got them all wrong,” confessed the ace actor, “Unintentional, yet subversive messages go out of all the movies about health and many other aspects.”

He described the personal experience of coping with the trauma as unlike the sequences of the movies.

“Yes, there were tears, but they never rolled on cheeks. It felt like a personal triumph, not like finishing a script,” he said. The couple was accompanied by daughters Akshara and Subbalakshmi.

Answering to the question posed by media in the following meet, as what Kamal felt when he was beside Gauthami during her cancer days, he said, ”I was deeply bereaved and felt hard to go through the tough time. Although I didn’t weep, my eyes were soaked with tears and Gauthami is the woman who stood by my side through thick and thin next to my mother. I closely witnessed her fight the dreaded cancer and it made me want to create awareness to the world about it.”

For the question, was it true that Gauthami’s treatment days were recorded? He said, “Yes, we did it as per her wish. The motive is to create peerless awareness against fighting cancer and she did it for a social cause but not for any other benefit. I have studied a lot of patients’ characters on screen and prepared scripts. But, in reality I have realized the effects of cancer now. I would advice everyone to get first hand information and not rely on regular films that are made with a commercial motif.”

2. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Re: Biodata of film actress....

jaya, useful information from your side..... i was just thinking of opening a thread in health forum reagarding various woman health issues... and saved this portion for that.... let me see....