1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

some fancy dress ideas for all

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by vidhya78, Jun 28, 2008.

1. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Re: ramayan character for fancy dress

Hi All,

In my son's school for diwali party, the kids are asked to dress in any character of ramayana.do suggest me some ideas which are simple and not expensive.

Thanks and Regards,
    Poorni

2. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

ideas for fancy dress,rhymes,story,urgentttttttttttt

friends,

pls help me with your ideas on competitions for my 5 yr boy kid on fancy dress,rhymes,story with a moral. pls reply me as soon as possible so that i can train him. the competition date is on 27th july. pls help me

i decided to take 'pencil' for fancy dress. is it ok?

priya

3. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

Re: ideas for fancy dress,rhymes,story,urgentttttttttttt

Just idea
    Chocolate girl
    All ornament prepare now Chocolate
    She wears
    Very nice

4. mohantina

mohantina Senior IL'ite

HI,

In my daughter's fancy dress competition, I made her Paper Bag...and wrote on it "I am a Paper Bag, USE ME and Save Environment" & said the same words and pasted small polythene bag on it with X (cross) on it.

& she stood second

5. priyasudhakar

hello mohantina,

i love your concept. can you tell me in detail what things you used and how you made it? pls reply soon.eagerly waiting for your reply.

priya

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  6. priyasudhakar

fancy dress - winner ideas

hi friendes,

i was searching fancy dress ideas for my kid. suddenly i got into an idea. friends plz share the fancy dress topic that got awarded.it may be helpful for persons searching ideas like me.

last year in my kid school the prize winner for fancy dress is "noodles". i can;t repeat the same, so searching for a new one.

pls share the award winning ideas

priya

7. deepajeevaa

deepajeevaa New IL'ite

Re: fancy dress - winner ideas

Hi priya,

how did you do that noodles for fancy dress and what did your kid say about that topic you send me so that i can try it to my son.

my idea for your kids next fancy dress competition is a
    1. farmer costume with a thermocol made shovel ,
    2. dress stitched with vegetables
    3. parrot : dress with green feathers you can have thermocoal with green paper or green paint for tying use satin ribbon, yellow sock for hands, red origami paper for nose . Have a tree shape thermocol paste it with brown sheet , draw two parrots in that , let her say some points about parrot

1 person likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya, when I was a little girl (about 22 years ago) my mom used to get me participate in fancy dress competition and I used to win them every year. Here are the famous 5. But you will have a lot of work to do to get the best results.

1. Magical Chair: This is my all time favorite. Make a small chair frame with card board with out the chair legs. This frame should have hands of the chair and the back rest. Attach the hands of the chair to the back rest. Now the bottom should have the regular square or round base. Now, in the middle of the base, make a hole big enough that your kid can fit. This frame should be just above your kids hips.

The final product should looks like you son/daughter is sitting (even though he/she is standing) and the base of the chair is around your kids waist, the chair hands are high enough that you kid can rest his/her hands and a large frame behind, which looks like a throne.

Now the interesting part begins.
    take a nice silk saree and wrap it around the base of the chair. this would look like your kid is actually floating in the chair when he walks...as in, it would look like the chair is moving without your kid actually walking.

Of course your son/daughter should be decorated like a king from waist up and the chair's hands and the back rest should be decorated with lace/sparkling things etc.

I hope you got the picture. Let me know if you have any questions. the other 4 ideas would soon follow. I got 1st prize for this.

1 person likes this.
  9. priyasudhakar

hi deepajeeve,

thanks for your reply.

for noodles, i didn't do that, it was done in another school. but i got the details from that mother, she said that she just unevenly covered her child with yellow wollen and then she made made a fork with a cardboard and inserted it.

the child talked about noodles are very very tasty but avoid taking it often.

hope my answer helps you.
    thank you

priya

10. priyasudhakar

hi rakhii,

thanks a lot for your reply. am much inspired about your magical chair. no words to express my joy. thanks a looooooooooooottttttttt. i got the picture in my mind. but i feel to do a trial. i wil reply after i got the desired picture.

pls rakhii can you suggest me the remaining 4, so that i can suggest the topic on monday to his teacher. pls.... waiting for your reply

priya