Solar System - Jupiter

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kkrish, Jan 11, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true Kamala. The more one learns, the more one finds out how little one knows.

kkrish likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear KKrish,

Madam,
    Wonderful article about the astronomical aspect of Jupiter.You have dealt within a greater detail.I had to read thrice to have a superficial understanding of Jupiter.Just today I was going through your article.It was a little bit tuff, initially.But on reading continuously I could pick up with what you elaborated on with my little knowledge in Chemistry.
    It is amazing that you evince interest in a subject normally untouched by many.
    I think Jupiter is called Guru or Viyaazhan in Tamil astrologically.We have heard of 'GuruPalan'( Good influence of Jupiter) and marriages are likely to materialise when Jupiter is in a favourable zodiac.
    Even in astrology they say that Jupiter takes 12 years to pass through all zodiacs, one year in each Zodiac or Rasi.To my knowlege Zodiacs have no connection with the elliptical path of the planets.

Scientifically these zodiacs are stated to be many thousands of light years away compared to all the planets which are comparatively nearer..

I used to wonder how the planets which are moving around the sun in an elliptical path swerve away and occupy each zodiac for a year.( Each planet has its own period of stay in a zodiac.What will happen to their movement around the Sun ? Is it a simultaneous rotation/ How is it technically possible?

Astrologers on their part say that astrology is a science. But we are unable to correlate the two movements ( astronomy and astrology) even while analysing it with common sense.

I Know I am totally deviating .But you seem to have analysed a lot about the planetary movements astronomically.
    In your considered opinion what do you think about the maths involved about planetary movement as per astrology.If you have any idea, can you please enlighten us/ Sorry for the diversion.Hope I have made my doubts clear to you.

I am not talking about predictions or faith in astrology.It is entirely a different aspect concerning human psychology in essence.

I just want to know that the movements assigned to planets as per astrology can be proved scientifically.Kindly enlighten.
    Jayasala42

kkrish likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 Jayasala ma'am.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Good questions ma'am. I will be more than happy to explain what folks mean when they say Guru/Viyaazhan/Jupiter occupies a zodiac. Please give me a couple of days for me to compose my response.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 ma'am
    It took me some time to determine how to address your queries. I was also searching for an apt image to illustrate your query on Jupiter against the constellations. But could not find any. So I drew one myself. Hence the delay.

As yours are good questions I decided post the response as a new thread, so that it will not be buried in this thread.