Solah Somwaar Vrat(16 wks of monday Fast)

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by amrita.sinha, Sep 13, 2008.

1. swapnacholaveti

swapnacholaveti New IL'ite

Hi ,

Am planing to do somvar vrata.Can u give the link of somvar vrat kath in telugu...

Please...

2. nandhu77

nandhu77 New IL'ite

can we have sweets (dates) on this vrat day?
    Can anyone pls tell me?

3. bonjour92

bonjour92 New IL'ite

hii ..i just have a doubt..should this pooja be done for consecutive 16 weeks? coz we have our periods cropping between too..so can we break for a week and proceed for the coming weeks?pls clear my doubt

4. Nikki09

Nikki09 New IL'ite

How to make churma ?
    I am going to start solah monday without solid food only fruits and milk water tea....should i

Hello.....................................
    I am going to start 16 monday fast NO solid food only fruits,milk, tea and water....My query is what prasad should i offer in three portions during lord shiv puja every monday.

5. Nikki09

Nikki09 New IL'ite

Hello everyone, I am going to start 16 monday fast NO solid food only fruits,milk, tea and water....My query is what prasad should i offer in three portions during lord shiv puja every monday.

6. daysnfestivals

daysnfestivals New IL'ite

Hi, Nikki09
    I observed this fast many time with complete devotion and rules of this fast . According to solah somvar vrat rules►►
    Devotee must worship lord Shiva every Monday.
    The prasad (you can start with churma, milk or banana) must be divided into three equal parts.
    One part for lord Shiva, second one distribute among family members and third one must be taken by yourself.
    On seventeenth Monday you must do Udyapan.

7. daysnfestivals

daysnfestivals New IL'ite

Hi Nikki09, here I am going to share the video of 'Solah Somvar Vrat Puja Vidhi'
    ►►

8. sunshine13

sunshine13 New IL'ite

hi
    i read that one has to make mud shivling and has to do puja to that shivling for 16 mondays ..after last monday..we have to immersed it in water and pour that water to plants..when i asked in temple, priest said that i have to make 16 shivlings on all 16 mondays and need to immersed it in some river...
    my doubt is that when should i make this mud shivling.. imean sunday or on monday only..and how??and also how to make prasad...

9. sunshine13

sunshine13 New IL'ite

hi
    i read that one has to make mud shivling and has to do puja to that shivling for 16 mondays ..after last monday..we have to immersed it in water and pour that water to plants..when i asked in temple, priest said that i have to make 16 shivlings on all 16 mondays and need to immersed it in some river...
    my doubt is that when should i make this mud shivling.. imean sunday or on monday only..and how?? and also how to make prasad...

10. sunshine13

sunshine13 New IL'ite

My doubt is that when should i make this mud shivling..i mean morning or evening of first monday??
    also, is there any video in telugu about this vrath ?
    as this is my first time keeping this vrath,,i have like lots of questions and doubts??there is only 1 day left for monday....
    completely depending on this site
    so guys , please be with me
    i really hope my first time vrath goes well..

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016