Solah Somwaar Vrat(16 wks of monday Fast)

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by amrita.sinha, Sep 13, 2008.

1. vgetin

vgetin New IL'ite

Dear Bharti:

I go to work by 7:00AM and retun home by 7:00PM. I am unable to fast now (i was fasting before) due to health reasons. I am unable to go to temple, since temple doesn't open before I go to work (living abroad). I will have head shower and have 30-45 minutes prayers before I go to work. In the evening, I offer coconut to Lord Shiva and abhishek Shiv linga with coconut water after 30-45 minutes prayers which include ashtothara of shiv and guri, ardhanareeshwara sloka and panchakshari matra.

During mondays, I eat home made food made of wheat / rawa etc only. No rice. basically I am fasting without rice. I would like to know your opinion.

2. saranis

saranis New IL'ite

Hi all,

Though it's long time, I thought of coming back and posting. I successfully completed the vrat and got what I desired. My marriage happening with my parents permission.

All the resistance I faced from both side parents started disappearing and now it's been 1 year since our marriage happeend. :)

Can't express my happiness on that!! Really I realised God's power!!

3. anki0

anki0 New IL'ite

hey friends am planning to make solah somvar vrat from next monday ie april 22 2013.. its a sukla paksha.. and is it ok to start it by this month of chitra or shud i start by sravan only?? is ter any such rule??

4. ronnelle

ronnelle New IL'ite

Thank You all for such an informative thread.
    please can someone help me. my family doesn't have shiv-ling and i start very early and come home very late in the evening,so i cant be able to make the mud shivling.
    can i just do the other prayers and offer the panchamrit and prasadam to a picture of Shiva?

i would love to start this fast next Monday as it will be the start of Shravan and i believe a very auspicious time to start. i need Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati's blessings in making my one specific dream come true.

i have been doing saltless fasting for about 3 years now on a monday and slowly Lord Shiva has been bringing me happiness. i just want this one dream of marriage to this specific guy to become a reality now. i have waited so so long.

i really would appreciate all the help i can get from anyone about this fast.

thank you :)

ps ... does anyone know the procedure for the Gauri Ma Vrat ? for unmarried ladies? if so,please can you post.. thanks again

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  5. NVS24

NVS24 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am new to this forum. I want to do the Solah Somvar Vrat for Lord Shiva. I live abroad and don't have a temple nearby. I read thru teh forum. I still have some qs
    - Can i do solah somvar with Churma, juice and fruits? Do I have to do 3 parts or can i do just 2?
    I work till late and can bring churma every monday to either of my friends.
    -I have a small Shivlinga and i can do puja with dudh, dahi, water, flowers, til ,sugar, churma. no Bhel patra. what else will I need?
    -Do I need to say the sankalp or shotram before morning puja? do i need to do puja in evening too?
    If I can I want to start the Somvars on teh 1st somvar of Shravana.
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Niti

6. aparna24

aparna24 New IL'ite

Hii..congrats for your marriage,actually i want to start the vrat as I have full faith in God,and as problems in my love life is going on,just want to pray to God to make everything fine.Please would you let me know about the process which you followed.I am confused about the prasad and the eating rules,I know at the end devotion matters the most but still,I am planning to start from 29th july,the first monday of sawan month,please let me know,it would be a great help.
    Thanks

7. gurpreet123

gurpreet123 New IL'ite

Does any one knows, how to make Mud Shivlinga? What if I pour water and milk on it, it will not dissolve.? Please reply.

8. prithvi

prithvi New IL'ite

Hi,

Doing the vrat for the first time. Can you please give me a link on the vrat book

9. nisha10

nisha10 New IL'ite

hi i m doing solah somvar vrat( a very strict one with two times water and one piece of sugar). Yesterday(monday 11:00 pm) i mistakenly was going to eat potato mash and when suddenly i realised and spit it.i did not gulp it. as soon as it touched my tongue i spit it. it was just a boiled potato without salt. will it be considered as eaten? Plz tell me fast, m very tensed.
    m worried and highly upset.

10. nisha10

nisha10 New IL'ite

hi i m doing solah somvar vrat( a very strict one with two times water and one piece of sugar). Yesterday(monday 11:00 pm) i mistakenly was going to eat potato mash and when suddenly i realised and spit it.i did not gulp it. as soon as it touched my tongue i spit it. it was just a boiled potato without salt. will it be considered as eaten? Plz tell me fast, m very tensed.
    m worried and highly upset