Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: visa & pr details

Hi SumiVidya

Congratulations and wish you a very happy and blessed married life.

And welcome to Singapore.
    I will try to answer your Questions one by one.

1. It is NOT true. Except workpermit holders(inclusive of demestic helpers) all the dependant passholders and permanent residents are allowed to deliver here.
    2. You will continue to work in your DP because dependant pass holders are allowed to work in Singapore unlike US. Your pass status will not change unless your husband's type of pass changes. You dont need to return to India.(But take note that delivering in Singapore or India doesnt make a difference as the kids born in Singapore will not be automatically getting Singapore citizenship. They follow the parents' citizenship only, as dependants of the main pass holder.)
    3. I do not know how far it is true because I have relatives and friends here- bachelors who got their PR before marriage.

I hope that my answers have eased your worries a bit. Please go through the ICA website of Singapore and the forum for expats in Singapore to get full idea of the rules about the visas and passes.

All the best.

2. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

thanks a lot vijee, i was worried a lot & ur answer has relaxed me.the main thing is i dont want to come back to india , for delivery.
    if i have any questions , i will definitely ask u , pls clarify it.
    thanks a lot

3. swetha123

swetha123 New IL'ite

Hi Abhising,
    i am swetha, even i have the same doubts as sumividya , but my would be's visa type is employment pass with q1 category, he is also an engineer & working there for the past 1 year . can u pls answer me.

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi swetha

Sorry I overlooked your post.

Congratulations for you too and welcome to IL and Singapore. May you have a blessed married life.

P and Q pass holders are eligible for applying for dependent passes for their sposes and children. As I suggested in my answer to sumividhya, Please go through the ministry of man power, Singapore website to know in details about the criterias clearly.

5. swetha123

swetha123 New IL'ite

Thanks abhising for replying as u suggested , i went thro the manpower & ica websites but , i coulnt get answers for my questions there. my questions are same as sumividya's except my fiance is on employment pass Q category, if u know any details regarding these , then definitely do pls answer.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi swetha

If you have read the mom(ministry of manpower, singapore website), under the employment passes, you can see all the answers clearly.
    And if you see my answer to your earlier query, I have answered it already, after referring to the website. Do you have any new questions?

Best of luck.

7. swetha123

swetha123 New IL'ite

thanks for ur reply & sorry to disturb u again & again
    but as of from ur answer can i conclude that spouses of employment pass holders can deliver child , if they become pregnant in singapore. sorry , but pls answer this question.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi swetha

If you are asking me if you get pregnant elsewhere than S'pore, can you deliver here. The answer is yes. It doesnt matter if it is singapore or Timbuktu.

9. nichi2008

nichi2008 New IL'ite

hi all,

just like to add my 2cents worth.

Q and P passes are given to most indian professionals. Singapore is facing a short of babies. Specially males. So many of my friends applied their PR within 1 or 2 months of them working in singapore and got their PR approvals. There is also tax advantages if you become PR and deliver a baby here i think. For the gynae, Dr Annapoora, NUH is one of the most seen for indians.

So if i was you, i would put in that application for PR. It has so many advantages.

regards,
    Nichi.

10. meetsonal

meetsonal New IL'ite

BENEFITS AFTR GTNG PR(permanent residence)

V r stayng in singspore frm last 1 year & v got PR few days bck so want to knw about benefits of that............................