Social Media: A Recipe To Sweeten Relationships Or Worsen?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Naari, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Nothing bothers them ? OTOH, everything bothers them....because their overarching complaint is that "youth is wasted on the young".

The old have NOT seen everything, and the current day young taunt them with photos of THINGS that they alleged to have seen and done. Heck... one grand auntie of mine who lives in Penang said (to no one in particular, but to a gecko on the ceiling) that she has had five kids, and all without ever "seeing" her husband "properly". When asked to define properly, she wouldn't.... she merely said that she was in a big house with several other families, and everyone had to be quiet and get by with whatever little privacy they could finagle.

Naari likes this.
  2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Haha:roflmao:

that’s a mysterious auntie! Nyonya at her best!

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

This is just a myth that nothing bothers people at the age of 60/70. If that's true then why do ILs continue to torture DILs :tongueout:.Also, in our culture, older generation don't like it when we correct them or teach them something. I had a bad experience recently on whatsapp when I tried to educate someone of a false/misleading post she had sent us and the lady who is way in her 70's got so mad and publicly gave me a piece of her mind :smash2:.

Nonya likes this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Whether it happens to old or not.... feels good to hear that am young, or maybe its my assumption

Young, old and the youth.... everyone reacts to things.... until there is someone who is ready to accept those things....

Naari likes this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I said nothing bothers them, not that they don’t bother anyone :tonguewink:

6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

oh was it one of those posts circulating false info? how did she defend it? that she had a right to send such info or that you can't point out such mistakes since you are younger?

I have pointed it out to a senior too. And she said "we can't verify every such piece of info that we receive before forwarding!".. But, if not sure, why forward?? It's almost like if you get it, you have to pass it on, sahi ho ya galat!!

sindmani likes this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Bose has a good noise cancelling headphone for airplane travel. It cancels the machine noise, but the stewardess can be heard easily. How do they do that?

If there were to be a gadget that cancels out the human noise, but not any machine noise, that would sell like hotcakes with every indian husband who had foisted his mother on his wife in the same household. He'd buy two pairs of the thing, one for each loved one.

Chop.. chop.. Huawei, Oppo, Lenovo, Bose, Sony, whoever... get to it.

Naari likes this.
  8. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Is there anything to cancel mental noise ? All that noise that runs incessantly in our mind ? I can go days without human interaction but mind .. oh this mind doesn’t want to stop chattering ...

akbanupriya likes this.
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Yes one of those random forwards about plastic food . She said u go eat it and if u don’t like it ignore it why bother reading it in the first place and then replying :expressionless:

Naari likes this.
  10. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I think it is Cleveland Clinic where they are working with electrode implants in the brain to do such things. It is the neuro-equivalent of a heart-pacemaker.
    As for internal medicine, there is something called magic mushrooms -- used in tea, i.e., brewed in hot water steeping method.